Duties Included, but not not limited to:
- Providing Tier One Help Desk support to faculty, staff, and students.
- Customer support via a ticket tracking system to manage and document job resolution.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Driver support, reformats, loading windows/OSX, reinstalls, high level application de-bugging.
- Installation of memory, hard drives, and cd-rom.
- Transportation and safety management of equipment.
- Assisting with maintenance and management of disc images, IE, building and copying.
I have experience troubleshooting the following programs:
- Windows XP
- Mac OS X 10.4 and later
- Application Support
- Microsoft Office Suite 2003 and later
- Open Office
- File Maker
- Mac Mail
- Ultra VNC
- Chicken of the VNC
- Meeting Maker
- Spybot Ad-aware
- Malawarebytes AntiMalaware
- "7- zip" Compressing Technology
- Internet Explorer
I also gained basic Networking skills, including the following:
- Ethernet: Primarily connecting and basic troubleshooting techniques.
- Private Networking Access: Understanding shared space and "helios" accounts. (In SUNY Potsdam, a Helios is a shared space that all faculty and staff received as part of the SUNY Potsdam Network).
- Providing Support for the Local Intranet: Supporting student and faculty "SUNY" accounts, such as password changes and account management.
- Utilization of VPN networks.
I was also involved in SUNY CTS (Computer Technology Services) relations with the student body, via the student assembly.