DIETITIAN June 2015 - Present
Dar AL-Hekmma HOSPITAL clinical laboratories
- Educate and advise a wide range of patients with dietary-related disorders on the practical ways in which they can improve their health by adopting healthier eating habits.
- Translate the science of nutrition into everyday information about food.
- Calculate patients' nutritional requirements using standard equations based on assessments of blood chemistry, temperature, stress, mobility and other relevant factors.
Other responsibilities include:
- Analyzing the nutritional content of food (including new products, if working in the food industry), delivering group sessions to a variety of audiences including children and patient groups, working as part of a multidisciplinary team in hospitals or in a community setting to gain patients' cooperation in following recommended dietary treatments.
- Teach other healthcare professionals (doctors, nurses, biochemists, health professionals, social workers, care workers, community groups) about food and nutrition issues.