Software test engineer
UST Global, India
Client : Tickets.com
Domain : Retail
Nature : Web Application
Languages & Tools : .Net,Java, Squirrel SQL Client,HP Quality Center,Rest Client (for API )
Description: This application was developed for a leading provider of event ticketing solutions in USA and UK. The application provides innovative, efficient, and cost-effective ticketing solutions which enables their clients to maximize their revenue.
2.Order Management System (OMS)
Client : Costco
Domain : Retail
Nature : Desktop application
Languages & Tools : .Net, SQL Server 2000,HP ALM, Rational Clear Quest
Description: It was the desktop counter part of the Ecommerce application developed for one of the major retailer’s in U.S.A. It handles the order, shipping, tracking and many other tasks related to a particular commodity for the retailer.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a key member in the team I am involved in
- Allocating task to a team of 3 members.
- Executing Functional, GUI, Regression System Testing, DB testing and browser testing
- Creating test cases checklist and participate in reviews
- Designing test cases in HP Quality Center
- Reporting & documenting the observations
- Coordinating with Onsite clients
- Executing Functional, Regression testing.
- Creating regression test cases in ALM
- Reporting defects in Rational Clear Quest.
- Prevented thousands of dollars in erroneous charges by identifying software bug in a module.
- Pinpointed previously undiscovered flaw in a module, resulting in formal commendation from the Client
- Gained product knowledge with no time with the limited sources available
- Completed testing within the limited time available with maximum test coverage.
- Documented software defects using bug tracking system and reported defects involving program functionality, output and content to software developers.