- Reading books, watching movies, listening to music and playing sports.
Actively following the financial markets, reading financial news and articles.
A Chartered Accountant (pursued from ICAI) and a Law graduate from Mumbai University. The type of work opportunities I am looking for is in the field of Financial Advisory, Valuations, Due Diligence, Corporate Finance.
Working with ICICI Bank as Manager in the Retail Asset Operation Group, handling Compliances of various RBI rules and regulations and understanding the processes of various products offered by ICICI.
Have worked with Ernst & Young (S.R.Batliboi) as an Associate Executive in the Financial Services Division for a period of 6 months.
During this tenure, have done statutory audits and quarterly reviews for esteemed clients such as Nomura Financial Advisory, ICICI Securities Ltd, UBS Securities to name a few.
Jan 2011 - Present
Manager - RAOG
Part of the Retail Asset Operation Compliance Group.
- Ensuring compliance with RBI rules and regulations.
- Ensuring compliance with SOX.
- Review and approval of the processes of various banking products.
- Working in conjunction with accounts team and handling audit assignments.
Nov 2009 - Apr 2010
Involved in understanding of business cycles, identifying key controls, performing design & implementation and testing of controls.
Independently handled key areas during audit assignments viz;Fixed Assets, Loans & Advances, Current Liabilities, Provisions, Payroll, Expenses to name a few.
- Analytical review of monthly variance analysis for each account balance and yearly analysis at overall company level.
- Compliance with the provision of SEBI, Income Tax Act and other Accounting Standards.
Nov 2006 - Oct 2009
Article Assistant & Chartered Accountant
Kantawala & Co
Gained experience in the following:
- Statutory Audit.
- Limited Review.
- Corporate Governance under Clause 49 of Listing Agreement.
- Tax Audit under Sec 44AB of Income Tax Act.
- Computation of Income tax for individuals & corporates.
- Filing of income tax-returns, e-TDS returns.
- Appearing for Assessment hearings.
- Certificate for Refund of Duty
- FFR I and FFR II
Nov 2006 - Mar 2007
Deloitte Haskins & Sells
As an Article Assistant contributed in the following assignments:
- Statutory audits for clients like Kansai Nerolac Paints Ltd (KNPL) and Bombay Dyeing Ltd to name a few.
- Understanding of business cycles like payroll processing, treasury and investments.
- Stock audit of various items on a periodic basis.
Jun 2006 - May 2009
- Among the top 10 rankers during the 2nd year of Law in College securing 64%.
May 2004 - Nov 2008
- Cleared Final CA in 1st attempt securing 53%.
- Secured 2nd position in Project work held in GMCS held by Lala Lajpatrai Institute of Management.
Jun 2001 - Jun 2006
Bachelors of Commerce
- Scored 99% in Management Accounting, 91% in Financial Accounting, 95% in Taxation and 91% in Computers in the Final year of Bachelor of Commerce conducted by Mumbai University.
- Secured 2nd rank in college in the Final year of Bachelor of Commerce Exam conducted by University scoring 82%.