Over 16 years of experience in database degisn, administration and maintenance. Vast experience in designing and implementing information systems.
Nov 2011 - Present
Oracle Database Expert
Large Hi-Tech Company
Part of a team that converted the company's product from SQL Server to Oracle. The role included re-designing existing processes and designing of new processes. Part of successful implementation of the product on several client sites, including sizing and initial design until the final delivery and on-going development and support.
I lead a team of DBAs that were responsible for the company's largest account on both applicative and infrastructure aspects.
2011 - 2011
Oracle Production DBA
Temporary project as part of the production team, which is responsible for the entire production system databases, including backup and recovery, upgrades and general care of database problems. In addition I also wrote papers about database development environments and database version control tools.
Mar 2009 - Nov 2010
I lead a small development team and was the DBA for a project loading and processing high volumes of records per day. I was also responsible for the loading engine that was based on Oracle Data Integrator (ODI).
In this position:
- I worked closely with clients and on client sites
- Tuned and improved database and application performance
- Promoted the project on the way to being fully production
- Established a RAC cluster based on Oracle 11gR2 on Solaris
- Mastered Oracle Data Intergrator (ODI)
- Interviewed and hired new DBAs for the company
Feb 2006 - Dec 2008
I was responsible for the company's databases which are located on remote farms.
- Successful database upgrades from 8i to 10g.
- Performance improvements in the application and the database.
- Applying development methods under Oracle database environment.
- Migrating the backup methods to RMAN
- Migrating the Oracle operation system’s environment from Windows to Linux
2004 - 2006
Oracle and ADABAS DBA
- Performance improvement of about 25% and replacing some manual procedures with automatic ones.
- I combined my knowledge from the Mainframe environment and acquired new skills to improve current ETL processes.
Nov 1997 - 2004
IS Engineer and Oracle DBA
Designed and implemented information systems for VocalTec's internal use as well as for customers.
- Implemented 3rd-party tools such as "Lavie TimeTech" that improved the company's control over the employees’ attendance.
- Developed and internal CRM system in Lotus Notes and implemented it among VocalTec employees worldwide.
- Developed an E-Commerce solution based on Oracle Web Server and PowerBuilder on Windows and Solaris. The system was online for 3 years and earned $20,000 monthly.
- Researched for new te
1991 - 1997
Israeli Defense Force
I was the head of a team of 4 people responsible for a large site of ADABAS databases. Later on I joined a newly established Oracle DBA team. In that position I was responsible for several new projects including Oracle installations, design and query optimizations.
- Adminitration and management of a large number of ADABAS databases.
- Design and implementation of new Oracle databases for several new projects including application tuning and SQL standartization