A communications professional with 12 years experience in metropolitan media, the corporate world and Government, I possess excellent skills in writing, production, developing effective strategies for communication, and liaising with key audiences and stakeholders.
- An exceptional standard of communication, both oral and written;
- Excellence in managing projects to achieve optimum outcomes;
- The ability to talk both the language of journalism, and the language of technology;
- The ability to work well independently, and within a team environment;
- An understanding of timeliness for projects, and an ability to be flexible to workto deadlines;
- An outcome-driven personality combined with a commitment to thoroughness and rigour;
- Formal training in business skills, and experience operating my own business.
- Excellence in the use of both open source and custom content management systems to relay copy, images and multimedia to the web;
- A high degree of skill in Adobe CS4, including Dreamweaver, Photoshop, In Design, Bridge and Acrobat;
- Talent in the application of video editing software and the appropriate use of different video formats;
- Proficiency in writing in HTML and CSS, some experience with PHP and server-side technology;
- Experience with social media;
- High-level understanding of Google Analytics and SEO techniques;
- A good working knowledge of UX, user-centric and collaborative design techniques, and how to optimise a site's information architecture;
- Development of Microsoft SharePoint sites;
- The ability to quickly learn new software as required, and to provide practical technical solutions and workarounds.