- Hard worker who wants to be a positive influence in the lives of students through a passion for teaching and creating a warm, safe environment in the classroom.
- Incorporating hands on lessons and technology in the classroom while integrating literature into each lesson throughout the school day.
- Plans to begin working on Master degree in Elementary Education Curriculum.
- Long term goal to obtain a PhD in Curriculum and Instruction and to write children's literature.
- Will continue to strive for the most effective and innovative teaching methods through workshops and by working with faculty at the school.
The opportunity to teach and inspire students is an exciting prospect that I feel qualified for and fully able to undertake. I am seeking to apply for a position at the elementary school level for the 2010-2011 school year as primary years teacher and summer school teaching opportunities. I have recently graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education K-6 and a Reading endorsement. I have a passion for teaching the primary grades and completed 570 hours in a First Grade classroom with sole responsibility for my student teaching experience. This internship allowed me to teach for 16 consecutive weeks where I gained experience in curriculum development through an engaging teaching style, therefore inspiring my diverse students to meet and exceed standards in all content areas to become life-long learners. I would love to teach abroad because understanding different cultures and expanding my own horizon gives me such a strong sense of accomplishment. My international experience, as noted in my curriculum vitae, has left lasting impressions on my outlook on life and has influenced my passion for teaching abroad.
Highly energetic, enthusiastic, and goal driven professional specializing in Elementary Education (K-6) with a North Carolina license in Reading that is solely dedicated to the development and growth of every student. By meeting the needs of every student through versatile instructional methods and differentiated, creative hands-on lessons, I will provide for a rich learning environment in the classroom both for the students and the facilitator. Excellent communication and technology skills will also foster meaningful relationships between the students, parents, and faculty.
** I am currently working on my dual Italian citizenship through jure sanguinis with the Italian Consulate in Washington D.C.This will enable me to have dual citizenship with Europe and the United States of America. **
Aug 2005 - Dec 2009
- Graduation date: December 18, 2009
- B.S. in Elementary Education (K-6)
- North Carolina Reading License endorsement K-12.
- Obtaining Virginia Elementary K-6 license upon completion of graduation.
- College of Education GPA: 3.84 /4.0
- Overall GPA: 3.488 /4.0
- Honors: Chancellor's List Fall 2007, Fall 2009, Dean's List Spring 2007, Fall 2008, Spring 2009.
- Passed Praxis II (VA) and VCLA, waiting for VRA Scores.
Jan 2008 - May 2008
- Study Abroad program.
2002 - 2005
- Graduation date: June 2005; GPA: 3.493/4.0 class rank 95 of 237
- JV & Varsity Sideline and Competition Cheerleader: 2002-2005; Coach's Award
- Drama Club, Show Choir, Spanish Club, Key Club, S.O.D.A organization
Sep 2009 - Dec 2009
- First grade substitute teacher for Mrs. Hales at Wintergreen Primary School.
Jan 2009 - Dec 2009
Student Teaching Internship
- First grade senior internship at Wintergreen Primary School.
- Implemented a long range instructional plan from August 25, 2009 to December 16, 2009 and taught for 16 consecutive weeks having sole responsibility of the classroom for 570 hours.
- Cooperating Teacher: Mrs. Elva Hales; 28 years teaching experience in the First Grade
- Created and implemented units for all subject areas: Science, Social Studies, Writing, Mathematics, and Guided Reading Groups, Shared Reading, and English Language Arts.
- Developed a thematic unit integrating Science and English Language Arts on the subject area of Matter.
Jan 2008 - Jun 2009
- Followed and implemented lesson plans in third and fourth grades as a Substitute Teacher.
Sep 2008 - Nov 2008
Student Teacher Practicums
- Created and taught a Social Studies unit to a Second Grade class at Chicod School in Greenville, NC through East Carolina University. Also developed a guided reading lesson and a read aloud lesson for a Third Grade classroom at Ridgewood Elementary in Greenville, NC through East Carolina University's College of Education.
Jan 2007 - Dec 2007
- Mentor to athletes in the athletic department at East Carolina University; duties included teaching responsibility, organizational skills, study skills, and tutoring to individuals with a below average GPA.
Sep 2007 - Dec 2007
Student Teacher Practicum
- Developed seven innovative Science, Social Studies lessons integrated with English Language Arts to a First Grade class at Creekside Elementary School in Greenville, NC through two courses at East Carolina University's College of Education.
Jun 2006 - Aug 2007
- Camp counselor for two consecutive summers at the YMCA where I lead a group of 10-12 children age range 6-12 through various acitivities while implementing the core moral values of the program.
Jan 2005 - Jun 2005
- Interned at Shady Grove Elementary School for 20+ hours of observing and taught a lesson in the Fourth Grade.
- Program was through a class at Deep Run High School in Glen Allen, VA.