Publisher and Founder
Founded Brooklyn Based (brooklynbased.com), a daily email about Brooklyn food, news, culture and events that currently reaches 67,000 email subscribers, over 43,000 Twitter followers, 10,500 Facebook fans and 4,700 Instagram fans. Currently focused on audience growth, partnerships and managing social media channels, as well as editing Brooklyn Based Kids, a newsletter for parents.
- Created a profitable, engaging local site with annual revenues of over $150,000.
- Built an engaged email list whose average total open rate (20%) exceeds the industry standard.
- Created a successful wedding expo, Wedding Crashers, whose most recent edition drew over 300 attendees, 80 vendors and sponsors such as Bulleit Frontier Whiskey.
- Conceived of an annual event series for Brooklyn Brewery in 2010. Client has renewed the series every summer since for six years running.
- Created Indie Media Camp, an annual conference for new media professionals. Curated speakers from Food52, Eater, Refinery29, The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal to attend past editions.
- Wrote and/or edited many of the site's top 10 most popular posts, including "Should We All Just Move to Pittsburgh?," which garnered over 45,000 likes and over 160,000 page views and inspired subsequent trend stories in outlets like Vogue.