Vice President Sales & Marketing, NBC Learn
NBC Learn is the educational arm of NBC News. Dedicated to providing resources for students, teachers, and lifelong learners. NBC learn offers institutional and consumer educational resources that are collaborative learning communities that incorporate advance search features, gaming, discussion, and video resources in a safe, student-friendly online environment.
Oversee NBC's education initiative for various products and platforms that delivers NBC digital content to the K - 16 school and consumer markets world-wide. Responsible for all sales, distribution and strategic marketing strategies for NBC Learn, creating and executing key industry, non-profit foundations and industry and partnership alliances and creating new digital business models with top-level education customers and thought leaders.
- Manage day-to-day operations of sales organization consisting of 25 sales personnel.
- Development and market implementation of two media platforms utilizing NBC News archival and current news material. Archives on Demand (www.archives.nbclearn.com) is a video on demand service with archival clips selected and mapped to state curriculum. iCue.com is a free educational site aimed at the consumer market utilizing video, gaming, and social networking and focusing on delivering 21st Century instruction. (Fastest growing social/learning online network within NBC Universal)
- Manage a marketing team responsible for all branding, marketing collateral and messaging, and day-to-day marketing activities including direct mail and email campaigns, social media marketing strategies, event planning, and training of a third-party sales force.
- Implemented reporting metric performances for search engine marketing optimization, online advertising, pricing strategies, and sales forecasting analytics.
- Created and implemented a professional development strategy that used PD products and solutions both as a marketing hook for the core business and as an additional profit opportunity. Developed core PD workshops and participated as a presenter and trainer.
- Oversee annual market research strategy, including focus groups, informal market research, and development of a formal efficacy research plan with the Massachusetts Institute Technology Education Arcade.
- iCue.com awarded Web Marketing Association WebAward as Best News Website for 2008; nominated for Webby Awards as Best Educational Website and Best Politics Website