Cyber.gov Subject Matter Expert and Lead Architect
Department of Homeland Security (The Patuxent Partnership)
Joined DHS in October 2016 to create the new cyber security architecture for the civilian .Gov agencies.
- Provided visionary leadership in the creation of Cyber.gov,
- Designed a turnkey asset management process to assess Department and Agencies software and hardware inventories,
- Designed a holistic cyber security architecture with over 34 cyber security components that mitigate modern threats by leveraging best practices and implementable solutions with minimal impact to workforce efficiency for the .Gov domain,
- Assessed gaps and threats for three Federal Agencies within 3 months,
- Provided feedback to the NIST Cybersecurity Framework revision,
- Gathered best practices and recommendations across National Labs, private sector companies and Federal Department and Agencies,
- Led teams across National Labs and DHS, and
- Secured engagement of private sector companies, such as Google, Microsoft, Cryptzone, to support the .Gov cyber security architecture and provide critical solutions as a service to DHS.