- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Making, design and well present cold and hot starters.
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Responsible of making all type of dough (Bread and sweets).
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons
- Regulate temperature of ovens, boilers, grills, and roasters.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Bake, roast, boil, grill and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Estimate expected food consumption; then requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage..
- Coordinate and supervise work of kitchen staff.
- Consult with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs.
- Bake breads, rolls, cakes, and pastries.
- Prepare relishes and hors d'oeuvres.
- Keep records and accounts.
- Plan and price menu items.