Sr. Project Leader, Research & Advisory/Office of the CIO
HCSC (BCBS of IL, TX, NM & OK)
Sr. Project Leader, Research & Advisory/Office of the CIO 2005 - 2009
Managed Research & Advisory Services programs for the information technology (IT) group of HCSC, parent company of several Blue Cross and Blue Shield health benefit plans. Supported crucial decisions in every segment of the enterprise by engaged research vendors. Kept senior management informed on relevant IT matters, and led the effort to extend Research & Advisory Services to other departments. Built rapport through a strong background in consultative selling and creative relationship building. A strong problem solver with the confirmed ability to identify current research and identify who would garner the greatest benefit(s). Other noteworthy activities included:
- Proven success in translating technical research into terms communicating IT business value; that get across information critical for executive decision making needs.
- Reduced contract spend ($400,000) and improved delivery of subscription research by centralizing Advisory Service processes/procedures to provide colleagues with balanced offerings.
- Led the design and implementation of on-line submission process for Research and Advisory requests, coupled with follow-up survey to measure vendor's deliverables; improving yearly contract reviews/negations; resulting in $400,000 reduction in spend.
- Built a strong awareness of internal client's needs to ensure they received the most current research; thereby becoming a trusted advisor to IT and the enterprise.
- Influenced management and procurement to win support for contract renewals of key research vendors.
Change Control/Problem Management Analyst 2001 - 2005
Managed Change Control process; requiring reporting, tracking and updating system changes. Facilitated the weekly meetings where hardware and software enhancements were reviewed for implementation and verified to assure compatibility. Also, facilitated the daily Problem Management process; for identifying, reporting, analyzing IT system's performance issues. My leadership in this area reduced failures to an acceptable risk, at an acceptable cost, which ensured IT service level agreements were achieved.
First Level Help Desk Technician 1999 - 2001
Assisted in the consolidation of multiple Help Desks. Documented call resolution procedures to enable the consolidation process. Reviewed procedures to identify consolidation issues and presented potential solutions.