▪ Interviewed subjects involved in music, video games, film and television for timely features and news stories for the Entertainment department at The Calgary Herald.
▪ Reviewed high-profile live concerts on a deadline (i.e. Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones, Coldplay, Lil Wayne), and on a regular weekly basis, reviewed high-profile CDs and video games. Often reviewed local theatre and independent film.
▪ From May 2008 to February 2009 wrote a weekly technology and culture column entitled Digital Culture, touching on topics such as the Internet, video games, cell phones and computers.
▪ Contributed entries for online On The Scene blog on calgaryherald.com during summer cultural festivals, including The Calgary Stampede, The Calgary Folk Music Festival, Sled Island and The Virgin Music Festival.
▪ From May 2001 to September 2002, wrote a weekly column about the local music industry called Plugged In.
▪ Job involved TV appearances on affiliate Global News as a pop culture expert.