Azizia Panda is the Retail Sector market leader (16% market share) in Saudi Arabia and was awarded 'Best Retail Company for the last three years’’ by the “Middle East Grocer” magazine.There are 8000 staff in 60 stores ranging from 500 m2 to 15,000m. Since 2007, Panda has had a customer growth of 14% to 125000 per day and a 17% increase in average spend to SR81.Panda has expansion plans for 25 Hypermarkets and 40 Superstores by 2010.My overall responsibilities was to project manage the store openings, develop a range of store formats, store P&L, business planning, marketing strategy, product ranging, customer satisfaction, quality and standards and the training, development, coaching and succession planning of staff of 17 different nationalities.
- Design, construction and successfully opening 5 Hypermarkets from 5,000 m2 too 13,000 m2 ;
- Project management and completion of a total renovation of the company's largest superstore of 9000 m2 over 3 months with a budget of $2.6 million whilst keeping the store turnover at 90%.After completion, customer count reached 106.5%, sales grew to 108% and basket size to 101.3% of previous figures;
- Reducing stock shrinkage and overstock from 2% to 0.5% of sales (first 10 months of opening);
- Reducing annual T/O of Saudi nationals staff from 15% to 5% or less;
- Developing a staff development program for talented Saudi nationals such that there is a growing number at junior management levels;
- Built interdependent and proactive teams with a 'can do' attitude, committed to personal learning and development and willingly accepting change;
- Working with Manpower Planning, my teams have employed, trained and developed 2000 associates as individuals and teams. Using the company's BSC, MBO and KPI system.