Daily I confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and consultants to find a balance between improving our internal infrastructure and contributing to our product success.
One of my primary functions is to develop the system OS images with input from our different engineering departments as well as guide our system testing and validation procedures working alongside our QA department. I also consult on hardware revisions and troubleshoot issues that arise with the different equipment and applications that run on our embedded processing unit.
Internally I oversee outsourced IT contractor(s), coordinate IT projects and ensure proper allocation of company IT resources to allow us to implement infrastructure designs, improve security, optimize usability, support hardware/software engineers and remedy daily IT support tasks.
Computing Production Duties:
Regular IT Duties:
- Create and oversee computing product OS and hardware specifications
- Create and help direct base and revision versions of a production image used on our embedded processing unit
- Develop and direct system testing and validation procedures
- Determine system performance standards and help with configuration and documentation
- Consult on hardware revisions, equipment choices and specialized applications
- Write scripts for particular OS functionality, testing and deployment
- IT project management
- Systems/Network administration
- General administration tasks (Active Directory, User Applications, Cloud Applications, Workstations)
- Dev Ops (Familiarity w/Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence, VS2017, Git)
- Consultant management
- Technical support
- Equipment purchasing and maintenance
- Infrastructure maintenance
- Workstation Image Deployment
- VMware ESXI Server virtualization and deployment
- Troubleshooting and diagnosis (network, computer hardware, software and technical issues)
- Computer repair/upgrades