- Coalition for Allied Health Leadership, a one year program for development of Health Care leaders in the areas of education, government affairs, policy development, and workforce development.
- Leadership Development Program, designed to develop academic leaders in the Two Year College system.
- Visionary Leadership
- Strategic Planning
- Budget Development and Management
- Government and Workforce Liaison
- Team Building and Management
- Training and Leadership Development
- Crisis and Problem Solving
- Performance and Project Management
- Experet Written and Oral Communication
- Faculty/Staff Recruitment and Retention
A highly experienced educational leader and innovator who has demonstrated the ability to lead diverse teams of education professionals in the creation, expansion and implementation of high quality educational programs.Expertise in strategic planning at the institutional, state, and national level. Strong leadership, business and professional abilities with a track record of effective interaction with students groups, academic administrators, legislators, state and federal agencies, and business leaders to provide dynamic solutions for professional growth and workforce development.Demonstrated success in grant writing and management in both the government and private sector.Proven ability to develop and implement programs for student success and retention.Experienced in programmatic accreditation from both the program and accrediting body perspective.Extensive insight and experience in policy development and implementation.
- Board of Directors, South Carolina Affiliate of the American Lung Association
- National Affiliate Faculty, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, American Heart Association
- South Carolina Society for Respiratory Care
- Chair of the Quality Assurance Committee
- Multi-year member of the Scientific Symposium Committee
- South Carolina Governors, Management, Accountability, and Productivity Commission,Organizational Structure Task Force
- Midlands Education and Business Alliance (MEBA)
- South Carolina Hospital Association, Workforce Development Committee
- South Carolina Board for Technical and Comprehensive Education, Health Science Deans Group
- Department of Veterans Affairs, Dorn Medical Center, Affiliation Council
- Advisory Board, South University, Health Care Management
- Committee of Accreditation for Respiratory Care, Board of Directors
May 2007 - Present
Project Management Consultant/Appraiser
- Revised Business Practice to improve effectiveness and profitability
- Designed and implemented a computerized record retention resulting in improved security and records access.
- Developed and implemented a network based project management system which resulted in improved performance and customer satisfaction.
- Managed construction and renovation projects, both residential and commercial
2001 - 2007
Department Chair, Health Sciences
- Provided administrative leadership for Health Science programs including six Associate Degree, three Diploma, and thirteen Certificate programs.
- Core member of a design team for a new Health Sciences building
- Member of the Leadership Committee for the college’s administrative and student information systems
- Key member role on the college technology evaluation and implementation task force
- Member of the college’s academic council, setting policy for the academic unit of the college
- Secured a 1.9 million dollar Department of Labor, Community Based Jobs Grant which assisted nearly 500 students in reaching their health sciences career goals
- Secured a 600 thousand dollar Physicians Care Charities Grant to assist in program development and to add additional faculty.
- Secured SC Department of Education grant to build additional Health Science and Nursing classrooms and laboratories
- Developed student progression tracking system to identify factors affecting student retention and graduation.
- Created a comprehensive faculty and adjunct faculty orientation program.
- Oversight of the development and integration of programmatic advisory committees to connect academic programs and the health care workforce.
- Management of clinical affiliation agreements with 200 plus clinical training sites.
- Redesigned and managed a comprehensive health science student advisement process.
- Responsible for the development ofnew programs including Advanced EMT/Paramedic, Biotechnology Technician, Polysomography Technologist, Limited Radiography, Sonography.
- Increased the web presence of the Health Sciences Department, including the development of six Web based course and more than thirty web based support pages for health science courses.
1993 - 2001
Faculty, Respiratory Care
- Developed specialty course in Cardio-pulmonary diagnostics, geriatrics and long term care, healthcare and bio-ethics.
- Chair of the Midlands Technical College, Faculty Council for two consecutive terms.
- Developed Respiratory Care Program web presence.
- Oversight of the integration ofclassroom and web based technology into the program curriculum
1990 - 1993
Administrative Supervisor, Respiratory Care
1988 - 1990
Assistant Manager, Respiratory Care
1983 - 1988
Manager, Respiratory Care
South Broward Hospital District
Jul 2002 - Dec 2005
Masters in Education (M.Ed)
1998 - 1999
Certificate of Graduate Study
1993 - 1995
Bachelors Degree (B.H.S.)
Graduated Summa Cum Laude
Received the "Outstanding Student" Award for the College of Health Sciences