Oct 2008 - Nov 2012
- Handled multiple projects within the clinical department in the National Healthcare Group Cluster for both inpatient and outpatient operation. Used different methodology such as Waterfall and Agile Scrum to manage the projects.
- Involved in all phases of the project lifecycle from conceptualization, planning and requirements gathering through implementation and support for Web-based and desktop systems.
- Contributed to an innovative solution for user workflow, operational workflow, user interface and system process flow.
- Managed cost, schedules and performance of the project.
- Wrote Statement of Work, project charters, project proposals, and budget approval papers.
- Involved and responsible in conducting RFP and tender evaluation.
- Responsible for evaluating and negotiating tender proposals, project enhancements and vendor quotation.
- Authored and managed project documentation such as functional, requirement and messaging specification, UML use cases, test cases and test scripts, FAQ’s and user guides.
- Mapped “as-is” and “to-be” workflows, business process, systems flow, messaging interfaces and screen transitions.
- Designed application’s user interfaces such as screens and message alerts and reports.Conducted and ensured that System passed all testing phases, from Unit Testing, System Testing and Integration, Load Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing before releasing to production.
- Produced project status reports, managed and mentor resources including Business Analyst, Developers, Cross-functional and Operation teams and Vendors, maintained and managed change requests and resolved day to day issues.
- Handled risk and change management. Conducted ground briefing and training of users, managed and coordinated with involved teams and data centre prior to implementation, produced project deployment plan and schedule including contingency planning, team allocation for support and tracking of issues and resolutions. Managed and support transition of users during production and post-implementation.
- Managed Business Continuity Planning (BCP) including Hardware and System failover solution using VMWare and F5 load balancer, Backup and Restoration process using SAN, IBM Tape Library and Netbackup.
- Involved in the department’s application release planning and production implementation.
Oct 2004 - Oct 2008
Senior Systems Analyst
- Managed the project plans, requirements gathering and provided solutions for projects handled.
- Responsible for impact analysis for new requirements and enhancements.
- Led in the development, testing, implementation and maintenance of application using Java technology.
- Managed development team and cross functional teams for development and implementation of projects and modules including allocation of work load and project planning.
- Authored and reviewed documentation such as requirement and design specification, use cases, test cases and scripts. Mapped worked flow and system flow including data flows and screen flows.
- Reviewed and traced program codes to ensure that no bugs would appear during the testing and implementation of the application.
- Conducted presentation and briefing to users on upcoming changes and implementation. Presented project proposals and spearheaded the discussion of requirements and solutions to end users.
- Produced contingency plans and severity level definition.
- Handled and tracked 24x7 Level 1 and 2 Production Support. Involved in postmortem analysis discussion and contributed in resolving issues encountered and improvement of solutions.
Dec 2000 - Oct 2008
Associate IT Specialist
- Led the requirements gathering, design and development of applications.
- Handled the Design and maintenance of the BPI website and web advertisements.
- Managed vendors and end-user requirements and change request.
- Involved in evaluating third party software and application maintenance.
- Contributed on resolving issues and maintenance work of the system.
- Prepared and installed servers for development and testing. This includes installation OS to Sun Solaris Servers and HP servers, installation and testing of hardware device such as router, GSM modem and mounting of tapes for backup.
Jul 1999 - Nov 2000
- Taught Java, C, C++, COBOL, HTML and Visual Basic programming languages.
- Managed course modules that suit the relevant subjects.
Jun 1995 - Apr 1999
Jun 1991 - Mar 1995
Jun 1985 - Mar 1991