I am a creative and dedicated individual seeking employment in a Museum. I have experience in the fine arts arena producing and promoting my own shows as well as working for a number of galleries and museums in varied positions. I hope to combine my previous experience with my passion for fine art.
- Senior Exhibition, Fall 2005 - Spring 2006
- Hollins Art Club; founding member, Treasurer, 2005-2006
- Hollins Juried Show, Coordinator, 2006
- Fall Formal Decoration Committee, Coordinator, Fall 2005
- Hollins Juried Show, Coordinator, 2005
- Hollins Juried Show, 2007 - 2nd place winner
- Frances Niederer Scholar 2005 - Awarded to junior art history and art majors who have demonstrated scholastic ability and whose work is considered meritorious by the art faculty.
2006 - Present
- Member of ArtExposure, Hampstead, North Carolina
- Small Treasures, Group Show, ArtExposure, Hampstead, North Carolina, December 2010- January 2011
- Indian Art: Transcriptions and Interpretations, Solo Show, Wyndham Robertson Library, Roanoke Virginia, May 2010
- Hollins Juried Show, Roanoke Virginia, 2007
- Senior Exhibition - Eleanor D. Wilson Museum, Roanoke Virginia, 2006
- Hollins Juried Show, Roanoke Virginia, 2006
- Hollins Juried Show, Roanoke Virginia, 2005
2006 - Present
Administrative Assistant/ Office Manager
Read to Achieve LLC
- Maintained a record of current and potential clients
- Processed requests for company information
- Increased office efficiency
- Administered computer-based learning program for children with special needs
Feb 2008 - Jun 2008
Roanoke County Public Schools
- Conducted daily lessons plans as a substitute teacher for grades Pre-K through 12th grade.
- Actively encouraged and engaged students.
- Communicated with other staff members to identify and resolve behavioral issues when necessary.
Feb 2007 - Mar 2007
The Taubman Museum of Art
- Responsible for cataloging the Museum Library
- Assisted in the preparation of museum shows
- Assisted the Education Department through a variety of interesting and educational activities for children
Jun 2006 - Jul 2006
- Responsible for interpreting, creating, and presenting 3D clay models of novel electronic devices according to technical specifications
- Directly reported to the Director of Engineering
- Presented final designs to the CEO
Chosen designs were sent to a manufacturing plant for production and distribution.
Contact: Donald Cayelli, CEO Gomadic Corp.(703) 437 9319 ext. 115
Feb 2006 - Jun 2006
Eleanor D. Wilson Museum
- Initiated and maintained contact with galleries regarding upcoming shows
- Correspondence Assistant
- P.A. to artist Anne Kesler Shields (June 2006)
- Responsible for cleaning, painting, and preparing the museum for Anne Kesler Shields’ “View from the Towers” exhibition.
- Installed and reviewed details of installation of shows including:
oJan Baltzell exhibition, February 2006
oRalph Grant Collection, April 2006
oSenior Exhibition, May 2006
Contact: Janet Carty, Preparator & Collections Coordinator
Nov 2000 - Aug 2003
- Handled money quickly and efficiently
- Developed strong interpersonal skills
- Recieved Employee of the Month, May 2001
Contact: Shirley Bala Smith, Manager
Feb 2002 - May 2002
Embassy of the Republic of Suriname
- Performed administrative duties including but not limited to:
oFiling of inner office documents, immigration papers, and general correspondence (completed in English and Dutch)
oResearched information pertaining to the creation of the embassy website.