Performed the following responsibilities as a member of a software development team: management of test and build environments, management and documentation of build processes, and configuration and test execution.
- Configured virtual test environments using VMware solutions and VLAN configurations to optimize computational resource utilization.
- Set-up Window Clients using VMware ESX for testing.
- Set-up an Active Directory test environment with users.
- Installed Microsoft Exchange 2003 and configured it for testing.
- Introduced power consumption into the new system selection criteria in order to conserve scarce power/cooling resources in the data center.
- Maintained equipment visibility by creating and maintaining Visio diagrams of racked systems.
- Created per-rack management/ILO networks to minimize port requirements and optimize manageability of system environments.
- Documented product code build and testing processes.
- Identified material requierments for software product as well as development requirements, ordering,tracking and configuration of new equipment.