I am an extrovert, hardworking, and flexible person. Highly organised with strong capability to prioritize workload, adhere to strict deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously. I enjoy working under pressure and always eager to learn new skills. I am able to work well both in a team environment as well as using own initiative. I am very passionate about Data Analytics and Business Intelligence.
Jan 2016Jun 2016
Data Analyst (Working Student)
Oldenburg-Portugiesische Dampfschiffs-Rhederei GmbH
Arab Women In Computing (ArabWIC) Member (Volunteer)
Apr 2015Mar 2016
University of Hamburg
Merit Scholarship Holder from UHH
Aug 2014Aug 2015
.Net Developer (Working Student)
CleverKom GPS GmbH
May 2014Apr 2015
Research Assistant (Working Student)
Informatics, University of Hamburg
Dec 2013May 2014
Software Tester/ Customer Support (Working Student)
Jun 2013Sep 2013
Technical Support Advisor
Mar 2012Oct 2012
Software Developer (Volunteer)
University of Hamburg
Intelligent Adaptive Systems
Cumulative (German) Grade Point Average = 2.2 ≈ (A-)
Computer Science & Information Systems
Cumulative Grade Point Average = 3.37 ≈ (A)
Rank = Very Good with Honor
The Global Business Institute Middle East and North Africa Program
Kelly School of Business, Indiana University, U.S.A
Sep 2006Jul 2009
High School/Secondary Diplomas and Certificates
Al mazaya Pvt. School, U.A.E
Mathematics, and Science sector
Certificate of Merit for being a successful Scholar/Member at PIASTA
PIASTA, University of Hamburg, Germany
Regularization Methods for Machine Learning
University of Genova, Italy.
Certificate of Recognition for being qualified HR Expert for Microsoft Student Partner Program
B.Sc, Department of Computer Science
Helwan University, Egypt.
Certificate of Excellence in programming, teamwork, and creativity in Web and Mobile Appdevelopment
New York University Abu Dhabi
Certificate of Recognition for being Google Student Ambassador at Helwan University
Certificate of Recognition for taking part in “Windows 8 Launch”, Cairo.
Aug 2012Sep 2012
Certificate of Appreciation for being an active organizer in the EYouth Summit.
U.S Embassy and Eyouth Cairo, Egypt.
Jun 2012Aug 2012
Certificate of Recognition for the successful completion of the Global Business Institute Middle East and North Africa Program
Indiana University, U.S.A.
Jun 2011Aug 2011
Certificate of Recognition for the successful completion of a Global Community Development Internship
AIESEC & CISCO, India.
Certificate of Merit for the successful establishment of Microsoft Tech-Club at Helwan University
Certificate of Excellence for outstanding and consistent achievement in the Digital Design course201
- Local Organizing Committee Member at iROS 2015.
- Local Organizing Committee Member at the 24th International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks.
- Leadership (Graduation Project Team Leader)
- Vice President of Microsoft Tech-Club Helwan University.
C, .Net , Java, SQL, Python, R, and RESTful- API.
MS Office suite 2013 (Proficiency in: Excel & Powerpoint), Visual Studio, VBA, Spyder, MS SQL, Matlab, Latex.
Software Installation and deployment
Win 7-10, Back-up, Recovery, and Upgrade.
Win8, Win7, Win Vista, Win XP, Linux., Mac OS X.
- Volunteer as a Conference Committee member in Arab Women in Computing, NYUAD 2016.
- Volunteer in the Organization of the 24th International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks(ICANN) held in the University of Hamburg.
- Volunteer in the OE Unit of Intelligent Adaptive Systems in the University of Hamburg.
- Volunteer at Enactus Helwan University.
- Volunteer at Resala Charity Organization.
- Volunteer in many activities such as EYouth summit 2012, and Student United activities 2013.
Project Name: Guiding Robot
Guiding Robot systems are being designed and built with different sets of objectives over the years. An essential part of current computer research involves mobile service robots operating in close proximity with human users. This project report is about the guiding robot system designed to assist a visually impaired user to navigate around within a closed environment. The guiding system was built as an assembly of the Turtlebot with a mounted Nao, a Xtion PRO camera and a conical microphone.
The robot is trained to navigate through and access a large part of the WTM department rooms in the Informatics campus with minimum collisions. The guiding system works as a result of different components including object recognition, navigation, and speech recognition with a language model working together according to a defined behavior. The language model implemented with ConceptNet was successfully integrated with the DOCKS speech recognition framework. The object recognition was implemented with OpenCV and SURF algorithm.
The guiding robot system was developed successfully to satisfy the intended task of guiding a user, potentially visually-impaired in any indoor environment.
- Programming Language Platform:
- Robot Operating System (ROS)
Project Name: GeoAssistant
Geo assistant windows form application is an educational augmented reality application that consists of:
- Geo-solve: This part helps students to solve the geometric problems using augmented reality. To run the application, after opening it the camera will be opened, the student should direct the device’s camera on the problem text then direct it on the geometric shape. The camera automatically will recognize the shape and the target of the text (Area/Perimeter). The solution will be displayed on the textbook with an explanation via a 2D live text with speech.
- Handy Puzzle: The existence of large image datasets such as the set of photos make it possible to build powerful generic models for low-level image attributes like colour using simple histogram learning techniques. We describe the construction of colour models for skin and non-skin classes from a dataset of nearly 1 billion labeled pixels. Our results detect the colour of skin to track movements of the user’s hand.
- Test: This part helps the user solve different kinds of geometric problems and evaluate his/her answers.
Visual Studio 2012.
- Programming Language Platform:
- Optimal edge-based shape detection.
- Automatic text detection algorithm.
- Text to speech.
- Color models with application to skin detection.