Regional Vice President/Vice President, Rail Operations
Synagro Technologies, Inc.
Environmental Protection & Improvement Company (EPIC), Newark, NJ
Vertically integrated multistate rail hauler, a division of Synagro Technologies, Inc., the country’s leading independent, full-service provider of residuals management services to municipal and industrial facilities.
Executive with full P&L responsibility for $40 million affiliate of national company. Managed daily operations, handled business development. Directed sales personnel. Managed 5 direct and 60 indirect reports in three states. Maintained productive relationships with key vendors and customers, with hands-on responsibility for City of New York, Middlesex County (NJ), Passaic Valley (NJ), and Suffolk County (NY).
- Increased volume 25% by improving and maximizing utilization of existing equipment.
- Added nearly $4M in new revenue by developing synergistic opportunities outside company’s core business.
- Reduced headcount and payroll by 20% without adverse consequences by outsourcing and streamlining work processes.
- Seamlessly transitioned to new and higher EBITDA revenue stream following potentially calamitous loss of business.
- Enhanced EBITDA by $650 thousand due to the restructuring of operational responsibilities.
- Gained profitable New York City business by exploiting customer relationships.
- Saved $6 thousand per unit and increased equipment life by 5 years through programmed refurbishment.
- Improved operational safety, efficiency and capacity by leading repair and rebuilding initiative.
- Led safety initiative, removing defective equipment from operation, launching mitigation plan.