I am a high impact, results oriented, strategic leader with a successful background of process improvement and directing multi site operations teams in the services segment. A customer focused P&L executive, especially skilled at making continuous improvements in efficiency, teamwork, service and delivery, and profit maximization. Proven ability to solve complex problems, design workable strategies, and leading successful solutions from concept to completion. An excellent developer of employee and managerial talent, building organizations that are customer centric, and that achieve results beyond requirements.
Aug 2006 - Nov 2010
Empire Education Group
Recruited to lead the expansion of new locations in the Midwest and improve financial and service results of the expansion & acquired schools. Responsibilities include leadership to 145 multi location employees, 11 locations, $20.5 million P&L, admissions of $25 million, and consistent over achievement of financial & operating metrics.
- Delivered a 60% increase in earnings over budget by improving student satisfaction and retention, expense management, and sales through regional process improvements and local management practices.
- Improved appointment show, commitment, conversion, start, and attendance rates by double digits.
- Created service and retention improvement plans with school management teams resulting in 100% improvement in customer retention, increased student referrals which drove starts and tuition revenue.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, coaching, employee relations, and performance feedback of the leadership and admissions team to achieve the start, financial, student otcomes, and compliance objectives.
- Created localized marketing strategies and plans to generate interest, lead generation, and registrations.
Dec 2005 - Aug 2006
Senior Operations Manager
Nicor Services/IBT Solutions
Direct all aspects of the multi site service centers with 180 managers and representatives to achieve customer service expectations coupled with service level and sales goals. Manage customer service, IT, QA, training, sales operations, and account management to drive revenue growth and customer satisfaction/service goals.
- Achieved highest Key Performance Indicator and service performance through development of operating procedures and departmental processes resulting in J.D. Power & Associates Outstanding Service Award.
- Improved sales per call by 150% through a process oriented approach measuring, individual and departmental performance with resultant coaching and training to improve representative performance.
- Restructured organization to align teams to meet business needs and P&L objectives. Implemented and trained leadership team on staffing, performance management, training, and salary administration.
Jul 2004 - Jul 2005
Client Relations Executive
Promoted to direct $38 million P&L, 130 managers/associates across five sites servicing 22,000 clients.Managed financial results by controlling expenses and partnering with sales teams to develop and achieve revenue and sales plans; formulate and implement strategies to enhance client satisfaction and retention.
Earned Best in Class Award for five consecutive years which measured profitability, client retention, client satisfaction, and new client satisfaction. Received 2 Board of Directors Awards for business results.
- Retained $5.8 million in first year of client retention program rollout by pioneering best practice program which was implemented enterprise-wide.
- Partnered with regional sales executives in new product training, promotions, client referrals, and client management, to achieve $10 million sales quota with appropriate product mix, and client retention goals
- Delivered 75% increase in revenue, exceeded NOI targets, through client base growth to 22,000 despite economic downturn. Hired and developed new managers to accommodate staff growth.
- Achieved top 25% industry-wide rating for employee satisfaction (Gallup Q12) by realigning unit and boosting associate retention to 86% in high turnover environment.
Jul 1998 - Jul 2004
Area Vice President
Promoted to lead four regional offices in Midwest representing $24 million in revenue, with 100 associates servicing 13,000 clients. Responsible for achieving sales, revenue, expense, and NOI targets.
- Directed improvement of locations to exceed all financial, client satisfaction, and client retention targets consistently year over year. Under my leadership, multiple offices achieved President’s Club Awards.
- Partnered with executive leadership team to set business strategies for sustained growth.
- Managed consolidation of five call centers/operational units, completed full integration in eight weeks; resulting in annualized savings of $500,000 and improved results, services, and operations.
- Achieved top regional client satisfaction ranking and led all offices in customer retention by developing an account management program to create exit barriers and maintain strong business relationship.
- Established metrics to measure results, conduct trend analysis, and develop resultant strategies to drive performance improvements in service levels and quality of associate performance.
Mar 1996 - Dec 1998
National Louis University
I taught Introduction to Business and Human Resources in the Bachelors Degree Program and I taught Current Issues in Human Resources in the Graduate Degree Program.
Mar 1996 - Dec 1998
I taught the following classes in the Bachelors Degree program.
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Marketing
- Strategic Management
- Service Management
Jun 1997 - Jul 1998
Service Center Director
Recruited by former employer to turnaround struggling regional flagship location. Managed Chicago Region with P&L of $8 million, 40 managers and representatives servicing 4500 clients.
- Achieved Most Improved Award based on substantial improvements in new client satisfaction, existing client satisfaction, client retention, and sales results within first twelve months by developing strategies and supporting processes to reduce client churn, improve call center results, and operational efficiencies.
Jul 1995 - Jun 1997
Sr Data Center Operations Manager
Safeguard Business Systems
Recruited to provide P&L and general management leadership to a staff of 35 including customer service, operations, and sales support staff. Develop and directed operating plan and regional strategies.
- Reversed $1.6 million loss and attained profitability within 18 months by recommending and implementing staff restructuring, operational enhancements, and national information system consolidation.
Mar 1980 - Jul 1995
Client Services Manager
Client Services Support Manager and Client Services Manager, Employer Services Division(1989-1995)
Client Service Manager, Accounting Services Division(1987-1989)
Operations Manager, Supervisor, Group Leader, and Balancer Accounting Services Division(1980-1987)
May 2006 - Aug 2006
Northern Illinois University
Mar 1997 - Jun 1997
Certificate in Quality Management
Sep 1992 - Jan 1995
Concentrations in Marketing and Human Resources
Sep 1989 - May 1992
Graduated with High Honors
Multi site operations leadership requires effective use of time. The scorecard that I developed allows the user to focus on what matters when on the road.
Presentation on Student Retention, Impact on Changing Lives and to the Bottom Line