- Construction & Building
- DIY projects
An innovative division builder and strategic planner with over 20 years of experience in North American business management, having P&L responsibilities and direct European reporting. Skilled at Asian, European and Global equipment sourcing, revenue-growing marketing, product development with successful launches and branding activities. A detail-oriented executive with strong competitive analysis background, accomplished at assembling unparalleled internal support staff and expert at mentoring aggressive outside sales force. An entrepreneurial driven and results oriented professional.
- International Business Development
- Strategic Alliances / Joint Ventures
- Subsidiary / Divisional / Branch Operations Management
- Team Development and Leadership
- Product development and marketing initiatives
- New & Branded product development & Launch
- Sales and multi Channel marketing.
- Business Sustainability
- Global sourcing and contract negotiations
- Budgeting & P&L Control
Mar 2011 - Present
Managing Director, VP Sales & Marketing
Aircom usa, inc. 3/11 to present
Managing Director, Vice President Sales & Marketing
Identified and targeted, medium sized European manufactures, who expressed an interest in establishing a sales, marketing and distribution presence in the North American market. This strategy was implemented given the fact that the global economic recovery will commence initially in the USA. It was further justified by the current strength of the Euro vs. US dollar that provided a much lower cost of entry to these manufacturers that will ultimately provide a rapid ROI.
- Provided financial and market information including a trial P & L statement, initial start-up costs, first year operating costs, a S.W.O.T. analysis accompanied by a Boston Matrix chart of products and a competitive analysis resulting in an affirmative action and justification in establishing Aircom USA, Inc.
- Instrumental in facilitating the corporate formation of a USA held subsidiary and its foreign owned parent company. Acted as liaison between legal counsel and the principals.
- Negotiated facility location & lease. Up-fitted and staffed offices and warehouse.
- “North Americanized” marketing materials, PowerPoint presentations and advertisements.
- Successful in signing up previously identified, targeted accounts (independent distributors of industrial equipment and air compressors) primarily in the southeast, Houston and Dallas.
- Created a strategic alliance with a National Key account that is dominant in a vertical market.
- Negotiated an agreement with an independent stocking manufacturer’s representative to provide sales and distribution in the greater Los Angeles and Southern California area.
- Currently negotiating private branding contracts with two Fortune 500 companies.
2006 - 2010
Spearheaded the formation of a private branding equipment initiative for this independent $50 million, multi-branch, industrial equipment distributor of air compressors and ancillary products. Accountable for identifying major product categories, equipment sourcing, importing, meeting market and code requirements, inventory management, brand strategies and positioning, marketing and establishing multi-channel distribution strategy and networks. Interact with outside design/advertising marketing firms for printed and web based marketing initiatives. Proven ability to generate and work within the constraints of a sales & expense budget with full P&L responsibility. Structured and recruited a 9 member staff for sales, technical and general support and provided product and position training and cross divisional training.
- Structured and implemented a sales/marketing business plan that successfully built brand name recognition and grew the division from start-up to $3M over three years in a down economy.
- Negotiated several strategic alliance partner agreements with international and domestic manufacturers for private branded products.
- Collaborated with manufacturers on product specification and technical conformity, acceptance & marketability.
- Developed and launched 7 branded products over a 12 month period providing an additional 30% margin and sustaining divisional operation, organic growth and overall revenue objectives.
- Created first generation marketing brochures and interacted with outsourced marketing firm for web design, 2nd generation printed materials and trade show exhibit.
Cultivated multiple distribution & vertical market channels providing a diverse portfolio of Compressor Distributors, Process Cooling Representatives, OEM /National Accounts and Private Labeled agreements
2001 - 2006
Founder & CEO, President and Managing Partner
As the initial Founder & CEO, I envisioned the concept and created this North American based, exclusive wholesale distributor of imported industrial equipment. Devised a comprehensive business plan and P&L statement as support and justification for the formation and implementation of this start-up company. Negotiated exclusive North American strategic alliance partnership and branded product supply agreement from an Italian manufacturer. Later, negotiated the terms and strategy to progress this company in to a joint venture.
President / JV Managing Partner
Directed all fiduciary & management aspects having full P & L responsibility of this Joint Venture wholesale distributor. Structures a cohesive organization with Italian Manufacturing partner, restructured sales force and developed a market focused tactical initiative targeting process cooling distribution channels across North America. Interacted with legal and financial counsel on joint venture formation, operations and tax liability requirements.
- Established concise JV objectives to successfully reduce inventory levels, increase inventory turns, minimize delivery times and created a matrix to measure performance and customer satisfaction.
- Devised methods, policies and procedures for the integration of the two organizations for the purpose of eliminating redundancies, language barriers and corporate cultures.
- Directed the Sales & Marketing effort with a personal focus on branding and OEM / Strategic Key Accounts. Successfully obtained private label branded supply agreement in North America with global air compressor manufacturer.
- Negotiated the final sale and transfer of the remaining minority shares in the Joint Venture company.
1991 - 2001
Vice President, North America Industrial Division
Accountable for full P&L and all aspects of general management for this $15 million division of a wholly owned North American subsidiary, of a UK based manufacturer of compressed air treatment, process filtration and nitrogen generation equipment. Implemented global vision & directives, established a concise North American marketing strategy, developed the organizational infrastructure, created high-profile sales and marketing strategies.Directed all planning, budgeting and forecasting initiatives. Interacted with technical, R&D and marketing departments to establish market specific products and printed and electronic marketing campaigns. Recruited a sales team, established performance metrics, and crafted a product mix based commission structure. Directed and provided senior management leadership, assessment and ultimate P&L responsibility of this $5 million Canadian subsidiary.
- Developed a cohesive divisional infrastructure of 20 employees, comprised of 9 direct reports to support, Customer Service, Inside Sales, Technical Support / Service and Application Engineering functions.
- Recruited and cultivated an aggressive and knowledgeable sales force to penetrate the North American market through innovative development of targeted distributors and OEM/Key Accounts in strategically identified areas.
- Devised and implemented sales & marketing strategies resulting in achieving a 5 year unbroken growth record, exceeded corporate expectations by averaging 28% per annum growth, while generating sustainable profit margins and maintaining budgeted overheads.
- Managed the organic development of the Canadian Branch Subsidiary, obtaining more than 40% market share through revenue generated by distributors, OEM/Key Accounts and the implementation of a Factory Direct Service Center.
- Participated in pre & post acquisitions, strategic global partnership strategies and new product development. Orchestrated seamless product integration meeting market requirements and national code conformity. Successfully launched 8 new product lines, created marketing support & training material, achieved a high level of acceptance and exceeded sales volume forecasts.
Previous positions held at dh:
National Sales Manager- USA Industrial Division
Northeastern Regional Sales Manager
Associate of Science
Active non-voting member during my tenure with domnick hunter
Active voting member during my tenure with domnick hunter