Air National Guard - I.G. Brown Training and Education Center
QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE
Experienced in video production and broadcasting, uplink communications, still digital imaging, methods of presentation, technical procedures, and equipment used for the delivery of informational and educational programs. Knowledge of Air Force, Air National Guard and DoD multimedia programs and policies. Experienced in directing video productions and television studio operations. Completed the Air Force Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Defense Information School and Air National Guard Visual Information Manager's Courses. Cleared for access to classified material up to and including Secret. Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation, television and multimedia systems.
WORKLOAD OR MANPOWER RELATIONSHIP
Had oversight of broadcasts, productions and photographic support for the Commander of the Air National Guard Training and Education Center, the Air National Guard Readiness Center, the National Guard Bureau, and the 134th ARW, McGhee Tyson ANGB, TN. Task requirements required extensive travel and work. Position supervised the workload of six Combat Correspondents.
Delivered training, education, and command information to the war fighter and documented significant military activities and operations by informing and appropriately influencing key audiences by synchronizing and integrating communication efforts to deliver truthful, timely, accurate and credible information.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Oversaw the successful organization, production and delivery of live, interactive satellite broadcasts and videotape productions. Interacted with and advised ANG, NGB, AF members, including senior level management, regarding video productions and broadcasts.
ROLES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND DUTIES
l. Oversaw the development and prioritization of video productions, and distribution of satellite uplink programming. Responsible for day-to-day operation of state of the art video production and TV broadcast equipment and facilities. Provided technical expertise in the maintenance and operation of video production facility and satellite uplink equipment.
2. Managed and supervised a two channel satellite uplink system (Warriornet), with 193 downlink sites, three television studios, and video teleconferencing technology. Responsible for coordinating with approximately 300 Air National Guard and Air Force downlink sites for the proper program reception. Coordinated with Air Force production centers for worldwide video production accomplishment. Provided multimedia support for national level NGB, ANG and TEC educational programs, informational, and command and control broadcasting. Determined TEC/TV’s ability to support Air Force broadcasts and worldwide video production requests.
3. Oversaw the management of video productions and broadcasts for AF/ANG productions and the Distributed Learning Program. Provided technical expertise in the production of multimedia and video projects. Advised faculty and external customers on the selection of appropriate media to support educational objectives and followed through to help implement those media decisions. Evaluated adequacy of media to achieve educational objectives. Coordinated distribution of multimedia programs, ensuring availability and reliability of media. Oversaw management of an extensive multimedia library, music library and image bank ensuring continuous updates.
4. Planed, programmed, budgeted and acquired funding for daily operations, supplies, equipment upgrades and lifecycle replacement of equipment. Coordinated with Air Staff and ANG/FM for annual funding via the Visual Information Equipment Plan (VIEP) annual report and budget.
5. Coordinated and oversaw joint documentation missions worldwide, ensuring maximum documentation coverage with use of shared AF and ANG assets. Oversaw successful national level video production and documentation for the Director of the Air National Guard and all subordinate directorates. Advised NGB and ANG staff members on various presentation methods for national level events. Ensured proper coordination and video documentation of all emergencies involving the NGB and ANG or as requested by the ANG director.
6. Developed and created the first ever news production element for the Air National Guard called the MinuteMan Report (aired 88 times daily to an audience of 20 million via the Pentagon Channel and Air Force News).
7. Programmed training for all TEC multimedia personnel utilizing military, civilian and in-house resources. Supervised the training and certified the training records of faculty members and support staff on the proper operations and use of multimedia equipment and video recording systems.
8. Advised the Commander on the status of productions and broadcasts. Additionally, advised on personnel, budgetary needs, equipment and supply inventory.
9. Inspected and evaluated adequacy of multimedia and classroom resources with regard to state-of-the-art technology, quantity, maintenance, back-up capabilities, accessibility and security. Recommended action to resolve inadequacies.
10. Oversaw the management of the multimedia equipment maintenance program. Additionally reviewed the equipment maintenance and repair records to ensure life cycle management.
11. Served as a member of a deployable multimedia documentation team. Documented significant military activities and operations worldwide with particular emphasis on homeland defense/civil support mission areas.
12. Responsible for and trained in managing IMPAC card purchases, payments and account management.
13. Directed the management and implementation of the Defense Travel System for the TV branch. Responsible for all travel authorizations and approvals. Reconciled expenses and authorized/approved travel.
14. Assisted maintenance engineers with the design and rebuild of the satellite terminal room, television control rooms and mobile flypacks.
15. Coordinated the design, build and installation of a high-end, state-of-the-art television studio set for a national broadcast audience. Also helped with the design and acquisition of a high-tech mobile television/conference set.