Sports Public Relations
I am a junior at Oklahoma State, majoring in sports public relations. The following courses are relevant to my experience/knowledge of public relations overall.
- Media and Society: About the media and their effect on our culture and the relevance of human diversity in mass communications.
- Reporting: How to think and write like a journalist, practice in writing news and feature stories and news releases and applying AP skills.
- Media Style and Structure: Associated Press style of writing, high-five elements and various writing styles.
Language Proficiency Exam: 90%
- Sports Media: History of sports and the media, women in sports journalism and the emergence of sports throughout different types of media.
- Principles of Public Relations: Basics of public relations, practice with news releases, interaction with public officials and interaction with people.
- Sports Public Relations
- Public Relations Communication Methods
- Advanced Sports Public Relations
- Event Planning and Communication
- Mass Communication Law
- Member of PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America)
- Member of Panhellenic Public Relations Committee
- Public Relations Chair for my sorority: Alpha Chi Omega