- Chico, California US
- [email protected]
718 W. 6th Street Chico, CA 95928
Phone: 805-807-8642 Email: [email protected]
My objective is to obtain a position in social services where I can help improve the lives of traumatized children and their families. I am passionate about helping and working with children. I would like to continue working in child care while I attend University of Michigan to complete my Master’s in Social Work. I wish to share my enthusiasm and compassion for serving children in the community by providing high quality education and child care. I want to utilize my skills, knowledge, and abilities in the classroom to foster positive and healthy development of children.
Prospective Student- University of Michigan: Master’s International in Social Work - Class of 2018
California State University, Chico Major: Child Development Minor: Psychology - Class of 2014
Associated Students Marketplace Café Lead Student (Advising Student Staff) - September 2011- Present
· Leadership role which entails supervising and directing other student employees to promote efficient and positive work that adheres to all company guidelines; e.g. speed, accuracy, friendliness, time management
· Provided excellent customer service, cashiering, preparing food, cleaning, organizing, restocking, and serving food; worked well with diverse individuals and contributed to a productive and upbeat atmosphere
Associated Students Child Development Lab- August 2013- May 2014
· Practicum field work- Internship: entails implementing developmentally appropriate curriculum, facilitating children’s development and play through teaching, leadership, utilizing guidance techniques, and positive language, application of Reggio Emilia Approach, implementation of curriculum and inquiry project- helped children create and maintain a classroom garden
· Hired as paid student staff January 2014
Child Development Internship- Safe Place Intern- January 2014- May 2014
· Planned and created individualized learning objectives to guide personal learning and goals; demonstrated professionalism, confidentially, responsibility, flexibility, and creativity; provided support to advisor and peer interns, planned/implemented outreach activities targeting individuals who suffered sexual violence/assault; worked on duties inside and outside of Safe Place.
YMCA of Superior California- Summer Camp Counselor- Summer 2013
· Duties included managing the programs and activities, caring for the children, facilitating learning, guiding children with challenging behaviors, teaching, modeling and building positive relationships.
· Attributes included being flexible, adaptable, organized, enthusiastic, aware, outgoing, creative and patient.
Supervised Fieldwork (Boy’s and Girl’s Club North Valley) - September 2012- December 2012
· Developed curriculum, and worked with children on art, literature, writing, sports and games.
· Demonstrated Developmentally Appropriate Practice; facilitated learning with children from 1st-6th grade
Child Development Work- June 2005- May 2011
· Participated in the CAVE EXCEL program through CSU, Chico volunteering at the Boy’s and Girl’s Club. Completed 30 hours of teaching, playing, and interacting with children from ages 6- 12 (Spring 2011).
· Worked at First Baptist Church teaching Sunday school, ages 4- 6 for an hour each Sunday (Summer 2009).
· Provided child care for families and friends over the summer and during the school year (2005- 2010).
· Dean’s Honor List CSU, Chico- Spring 2012 through Spring 2014
· Red Watch Band Certification: Alcohol Education Program- April 2014
· Managed Volunteers: “A Day in the Life: Poverty Simulation” event for Social Work department- March 4th 2014
· Worked on the Wardrobe Crew for A Doll’s House Theatre Production at CSU Chico (Spring 2011)
· Participated in Community Action Volunteers in Education (CAVE) at CSU, Chico
SKILLS / PERSONAL INTERESTS:
· Proficient with Computer Software, Microsoft Programs, and internet; organized, responsible, adaptable, reliable, driven, positive, patient
· Health, fitness, nutrition; Adventurous/ Outdoor Activities; Travel; Gardening/Sustainability