GEMS First Point School
- Preparing chemicals for practical sessions and assisting students when required.
- Other administration duties
- Implementing lab-based science lessons and team teaching with mentor teachers.
A confident, entrant to school teaching, currently completing a PGCEi with University of Nottingham, graduating end of 2016. With an excellent background in Science , I have successfully taught biology and chemistry to BSc (Medical Laboratory technology) and Biotechnology students in different colleges .I am easy going by nature and able to get along with both work colleagues, pupils and senior managers, currently looking to continue my career as a teacher with a progressive school or college. I am also a competent laboratory scientist who is proficient in a large number of diagnostic and analytical techniques. Overall my goals are to contribute to my employer’s profitability through my determination to succeed and help develop critical scientific thinking in young minds.
Educating children about science concepts through the medium of drama; making it fun and easy to learn and retain
Science Lab Technician
Performing a variety of tasks related to the support of chemistry, biology and physics labs in both junior and senior science classes. As a member of the Science team, Monitoring student safety and be prepared to address safety emergencies including the clean-up of hazardous spills of materials, such as mercury and acids and bases. Organizing Forensic extra-curricular activities and teaching practical sessions.
To prepare practical equipment and make up solutions used in science labs. The role also includes instructing and assisting teachers with practical skills, including class demonstrations, for advanced techniques across all disciplines
• Collect, test and analyze water and other related samples to determine the physical, chemical and bacteriologic components.
• Prepare bacteriological media and standard chemical solutions;• perform analysis of water quality
• Supervise production methods to confirm that HACCP /ISO 22000 are complied & food hygiene is maintained.
As an advanced Health Care Professional/Phlebotomist with specialized cord blood collection training, I worked in different hospitals on a freelance basis collecting stem cells for different 3rd party companies through an agency.
• Worked as a team member and to support the research project staff in conducting a cohort study, duties involved greeting and introduction with study participants, describing study aims to participants, role of participants and participant’s rights. Worked as a phlebotomist aiming to carry out my duties with highest standards and techniques. Also worked in the laboratory to store and centrifuge blood sample, packing samples for transport to main laboratory and maintain cold chain of the samples.
• Worked as Medical Technologist and Assistant Lecturer in Dr. M. V. Shetty College of Health Sciences.
• Taught Pathology Theory and Microbiology Laboratory Practical to BSc students.
• Accountable at the Laboratory with patients at Lady Goshen government hospital under-taken for training by DrMVST.
• As a qualified Laboratory Technologist, it was my duty to take sample specimens and perform necessary diagnostic and analytical tests.
• Kept myself informed of new techniques and products by regularly interacting with senior professors and doctors in the University.
• Trained to perform laboratory procedures in microbiology, biochemistry, haematology and clinical pathology and other related items as may be required to hospital wards or patients in Dr M V Shetty College/Surgery laboratories, Mangalore, India.
Focuses on the improvement of individual teaching practice through critical reflection and research on practice. Helps compare teaching approaches in different countries and develop a global approach to education.
Subjects: Forensic Investigation; Forensic and Laws ;Advanced Methods for Organics; Instrumental Methods, Advance separation Techniques, Toxicology; Fundamental of Analytical Science, Data Treatment and Analysis, Biochemical Methods, Practical’s and Mini Project.
Achievements: Successfully completed final dissertation project in
“Mechanisms Controlling Intracellular Ca2+ in undifferentiated neuronal CAD Cells”
Abstract: Undifferentiated neuronal CAD cells acquired from oncogenesis driven by cell-specific promoters were used in investigating the mechanisms Controlling Intracellular Ca2+ in undifferentiated neuronal CAD Cells. Hence CAD Cells were cultured in the laboratory under aseptic conditions and after a healthy growth was attained they were introduced to Hypotonic, High K+, Ca2+ free isotonic, ionomycin and Caffeine solutions by the technique of Ca2+ Imaging. This resulted in noticeable changes showing different responses. Fluorescence imaging was carried out and the response to Ca2+ was recorded in order to investigate the mechanisms and the role of Ca2+ in undifferentiated neuronal CAD cells.
-Knowledge of HPLC, GC, IR/UV-Spectroscopy, SEM
Basic Anatomy (including Histology)
Physiology (Section A)
Biochemistry (section B)
Pathology (Section A)
Microbiology (Section B)
Pathology - Haematology, Clinical Pathology and Histopathology
Microbiology - Bacteriology and Parasitology
Biochemistry - Chemistry of Biological Compounds and their determination
Pathology - Cytology and Blood Banking
Microbiology- Virology, Immunology and Diagnostic Microbiology and Mycology
Biochemistry- Enzymology, Isotopes, Isotope techniques and Clinical Biochemistry
Oral communication skills expressed in presentations and in talking to the general public. My degree course also greatly enhanced my written and verbal communication skills due to the many presentations, assignments, posters, essays and projects required.'During university , as a part of working as a part-time shop assistant at Tesco , I have had to demonstrate knowledge of the different types of items sold and their uses, to be able to respond effectively to customer queries.
I enjoy travelling, trekking and the sea. I also have a huge interest in world movies and music. I am an avid reader and love intelligent conversations.