A creative and industry leading technology executive with 15 years of demonstrated business and technology leadership experience with a successful track record creating and turning around best-in-class IT organizations (for both start-up and established companies). Has successfully managed complex projects, driving increased profitability. Has proven success recruiting and building diverse, talented and loyal technology teams. Also has extensive experience working closely with other top executives creating and implementing corporate strategy and values.
May 2010 - Present
Director of Technology /Chief Software Architect
Primary responsibilities include designing and developing software as a service offering for insurance mitigation and restoration industry. Responsible for datacenter performance, application performance and development of customer driven enhancements to the platform. Also responsible for designing and delivering reporting /metrics delivered to customers in real-time through the online platform.
- Worked with partner organization (and customer) to design and develop the industry’s first contents-specific claims management module onto IMACC’s ClearClaim® claims management application.
- Lead corporate initiative to revise IMACC’s dispatching algorithm to incorporate multiple factors when matching contractors to claims for increased customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- Collaborated with CEO in a project to revise IMACC’s business model to per job administrative fees from quarterly set fees. Developed entire billing solution to manage the new business model in-line with production claims management system.
- Implemented cost-savings initiatives to reduce infrastructure costs by consolidating databases, minimizing and renegotiating outsourcing agreements, and standardizing development methodology.
Mar 2009 - Apr 2010
Founder / Consultant
In March 2009 I started an IT consulting company technology serving the areas of infrastructure design and optimization; software as a service offerings including: Exchange, CRM, and SharePoint; application development/customization; web portal design and development; and full service telecom consulting. Clients have included a former employer, a real estate financial services company, the nation's largest network of independent restoration contractors, a healthcare non-profit in South Chicago, and a granite distributor in Sarasota, Florida.
Apr 2003 - Dec 2008
Chief Information Officer
Cohen Financial is a preeminent national Commercial Real Estate Capital Markets services provider with 10 locations in major US cities. My primary responsibilities include setting the technology vision, leading the IT department, managing technology services, leveraging technology to generate better profits and increase revenue production, and to provide thoughtful leadership to the organization as a creative problem solver. I work closely with other executives as a member of the Executive Committee and lead initiatives to improve business intelligence, increase focus on customer experience and to improve overall employee engagement.
- Leading a successful transformation of organizational culture, placing premium value on providing exceptional service to our internal and external customers
- Leading a total quality of service turnaround of the IT department, including a 3 year infrastructure overhaul project to systematically improve all aspects of the technology platform, utilizing Portfolio Management methodology, proactively mentoring and training associates, and introducing best practices and standards for application development and IT systems
- Reduced total annual technology spending by 47%, while improving system performance to 99.9% availability
- Designed and implemented best-in-class web-based pipeline management system, which is has been in production for four years and is entrusted with processing all corporate transactions (over $5 billion annually)
- Architected and delivered a cutting edge consolidated primary and disaster ready data center supporting all business initiatives utilizing virtual technology, SAN storage and real-time replication (all are currently in production)
Feb 2000 - Apr 2003
Director of Information Technology
Precept was an Internet marketplace for borrowers, lenders and intermediaries. Precept's business goal was to bring a new level of order and efficiency to the commercial loan market by performing underwriting and due diligence upfront, followed by an electronic auction to lenders on a pre-packaged, ready to finance property. My primary responsibilities included building a state of the art unbreakable technology platform and ecommerce web solution from the ground up to support multi-million dollar live online auctions. I also created and led the IT team in designing and implementing all technology systems and services to support all the business functions required to enable a multisite ecommerce company to function effectively and efficiently.
- Built state-of-the-art organizational IT capability from scratch, providing vision and executive direction, staffing, and integration with business goals/processes
- Designed and implemented highly-available and scalable technology and communications infrastructure to support online business-to-business exchange for multi-million dollar transactions
- Drafted specifications and led initiative to re-brand and integrate Precept platform for acquisition by Cohen Financial
Aug 1997 - Feb 2000
Chief Executive Officer and Founder
Horizon ISP was the premier Internet provider to businesses and consumers in the Greater Tampa Bay Area. Horizon was the first fully digital, all fiber-optic, Internet Service Provider in its market. I successfully built the business to scale to a large regional ISP through careful architecture and business process design. The architecture and clean operations generated interest from many venture capitalists and larger ISPs. In late 1999, I marketed the company for acquisition and sold the business in early 2000 to a large regional ISP looking to expand into our area. My role in the company was initially to design all operational processes, creating and managing marketing campaigns, and serving as the technology architect for our products. My focus shifted over time to building relationships with key partners, customers, investors, and long-term strategic business planning.
·Managed all aspects of building and running an Internet Service Provider that rapidly expanded from Sarasota, Florida to 14 cities surrounding the Greater Tampa Bay area in just four years of operation
·Created back-office, technical, and support policies, procedures, systems and security that guided the 24hour/7day a week business
·Designed business plans and budget projections to grow in-line with the success of business, minimizing downside risk and maximizing profit margins
·Developed and implemented marketing strategies and created strategic cross-marketing initiatives for reapplication of our customer base, resulting in average monthly revenue gains of 17%
·Negotiated all contracts and strategic partnership agreements, led capital-raising efforts, and guided the eventual sale of the company to a larger ISP
Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse
Security Program Design & Management
Leadership, Management, and Team Building
Infrastructure Architecture & Integration
Aug 1991 - Jul 1995
Bachelor of Arts
·IU Sing theater competition leader - 1st place, 2nd place, 2nd place
·WTIU Television and WTIU News camera operator, videographer, director, and board operator