Sep 2011 - present
Mar 2009 - present
Strelmark shows organizations how to establish an internal framework for growing their businesses and empowering their employees with the practical skills needed to gain and retain clients.
Aug 2009 - Jun 2011
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
Mar 2009 - Oct 2009
Social Media Marketing Strategist
The King of Caffeine is the world’s premier marketplace for hard working, hard playing energy fiends who need everything they can get, to get everything they can get, out of life. From gum and chips to drinks and pills, King of Caffeine gives consumers the internet's largest selection of energy products, all online.
May 2009 - Sep 2009
Contract Proposal Editor
For more than 20 years, OCI has provided winning resources to companies seeking world-class proposal services. With a win rate of 83% on hundreds of proposals totaling over $200 billion, OCI has provided proposal resources to companies of all sizes worldwide. From Fortune companies to enterprising startups: OCI delivers when winning means the world.
Apr 2009 - Jun 2009
Web Content Consultant
Dispensing Solutions Inc. is a pharmaceutical supply chain company that develops integrated dispensing solutions designed to enable optimal patient care. Operating a state-of-the art pharmaceutical packaging facility, DSI is FDA registered and DEA licensed, providing prepackaged medications and web-based technology at the point of care, as well as contract packaging services for government accounts, manufacturers and PBM's.
Oct 2008 - Dec 2008
Web Copywriter / Marketing Consultant
Everest Estate Solutions Inc. provides highly-personalized estate planning strategies and full-service real estate brokerage for families, businesses, and individuals. EES's mission is to provide its clients with an integrated consultative service that takes into account both their estate plan and their real estate holdings, maximizing the total value of both.
Jun 2007 - Jul 2008
- Rewrote commercial website site for SEO, brand-repositioning, organization, marketing, style and mechanics; led to a 120% increase in web traffic from 2007 to 2008. www.xpressdocs.com
- Wrote new corporate website with 100% original content in collaboration with management and marketing team in three months; led to client acquiring record amount of corporate accounts in 2008. www.xpressdocssolutions.com
- Developed and wrote direct-mail and e-mail marketing campaigns targeted at and on behalf of Xpressdocs' national and regional accounts (e.g. Curves, Liberty Tax Service, Countrywide Financial, Coldwell Banker, Prudential, GMAC).
- Originated intranet and landing page content and messaging for corporate accounts.
- Wrote Flash demonstration voice-over script and on-screen copy to present value proposition on client's commercial home page; developed accompanying visuals with designer. www.xpressdocs.com/flashdemo.html
Nov 2007 - Jul 2008
Marketing Consultant / Website Copywriter
- Worked closely with upper management to develop simple, informative corporate website to introduce new company that develops and applies proprietary technology, manages physician and payor networks, and performs billing services for drug benefit administration . www.pocnetworktechnologies.com
- Created sitemap, benchmarked, developed marketing angle, wrote/substantively edited all content.
- Coordinated with in-house web designer to plan and execute web design.
May 2006 - Sep 2007
Marketing Copywriter (Contractor)
- Wrote all copy for web-based variable-data marketing system; worked closely with software developers and GUI designer; realized a 100% ROI in 60 days; generated 35% of the client's gross revenues (seven figures) within three months; product ultimately launched as standalone software package. http://www.mortgagecoach.com/Software/MarketingMachine.aspx
- Ghostwrote CEO's industry best-practice book by drawing on personal interviews, his blog content, internal documentation and independent research; managed all aspects of editing, layout and artwork.
- Wrote 14-page corporate brochure; collaborated with art director and marketing team to conceive concept, write original copy, and oversee editing and proofreading process.
- Substantively edited influential ROI-driving white papers.
Jun 2003 - Dec 2006
- Edited winning proposals for multinational pharmaceutical corporations, top-tier research institutions and state government agencies against much larger competitors; collected data from team-players, compiled, wrote copy for, and edited proposals; edited and co-wrote major contracts.
- Wrote/edited employee handbook, business practices manual, and safety manuals (construction, electrical, chemical and biological).
- Edited/wrote whitepapers for critical airflow/mechanical engineering.
- Developed, wrote and edited monthly corporate newsletter.
- Created documents for customers detailing point-by-point performance of contracted engineering and commissioning processes.
- Researched, flow-charted, and wrote standard operating procedures for technical day-to-day procedures related to critical air-flow engineering, university lab commissioning, sales, and business practices.
- Oversaw and coordinated the U.S. Green Building Council's LEED New Construction 2.1 certification process for Newmatic's corporate headquarters.
Jul 1999 - Dec 2006
- Edited 30+ standalone book titles and 15 volumes of a 200-volume collected works series.
- Chief Editor and co-founder of Generation magazine; oversaw all operations including writing, editorial responsibilities, scheduling, staffing, website development, design, production and distribution (periodically, 1999-2005). www.gogeneration.com
- Managing Editor of Continuing Steadfastly magazine; oversaw editorial department, scheduling, staffing, production and distribution (monthly, 1998-1999).
- Editor/writer for Ministry Magazine (monthly, 1999-2006).
- Essayist/book critic for the journal Affirmation & Critique (semiannual, 2002-07). www.affcrit.com
Jul 2001 - Jul 2001
Originated concept and wrote copy for nationwide "Bible Unlocked" print and web campaign aimed at distributing one million units of a new edition of the New Testament; campaign met marketing targets for its 3-year life-cycle.
Jan 2008 - Dec 2009
Master of Arts in Liberal Arts
- Participated in the College's unique seminar-style program, which focuses on the great books of Western civilization; the readings were organized into four segments (Literature, Politics and Society, Philosophy and Theology, and Mathematics and Natural Science) and constituted a closely integrated program of study
- Studied one year of intensive Ancient Greek, culminating in extensive translations of Homer's Odyssey from the original language
- Organized and led graduate-level intensive summer Latin program (translating Virgil's Aeneid)
- Varsity rower, St. John's College crew team
Aug 1992 - May 1997
Bachelor of Arts
- Graduated magna cum laude
- Minored in history