Nanhai Experimental Primary School, China
Worked as part of the international teaching department in a private boarding school of 2400 pupils. Managed an intercultural team of twenty teachers.
- Recruited a team of foreign experts, teaching a multitude of classes of between 30-50 children for at least 18 hours each week.
- As international course coordinator, I pioneered extra-curricular activities such as language carnivals, dance shows and musical dramas to market the school's presence in the local community.
- Championed an immersive, interactive teaching style.
- Proudly accomplished visible results in terms of English fluency for the majority of students as demonstrated by beginning and end of year test results.
- Mediated workplace disputes between foreign teachers and Chinese hosts with an intercultural respect for both sides.
- Chinese employer not only offered to renew my contract at the end of the first year, but promoted me to project manager.