- Motivated, versatile design professional with extensive experience implementing creative and complex business solutions employing a wide range of information systems and technology.
- Effective leadership and communication skills with a record of working productively with individuals throughout all organizational levels.
- Results-driven project manager with a strong background in planning, executing, monitoring, and controlling project activities while ensuring on-time delivery of specified requirements.
Jan 2002 - Present
Design Consultant / Project Manager
- Successfully managed multiple concurrent projects for multiple small to medium sized organizations including acquisition of project team and necessary resources.
- Lead technical and construction projects from initiation through all phases of the project life cycle to completion using Agile or Waterfall methodologies.
- Development of cross-functional business applications, relational database solutions, data-driven web sites, custom forms, and technical documentation.
- Conduct meetings with staff, vendors, developers, and government representatives to gather requirements, analyze business processes, negotiate contracts, and develop project management planning documents.
- Established best practice procedures, security policies, and continuity plans to reduce risk and satisfy compliance regulations.
- Established successful working relationships with customers, vendors, and service providers resulting in improved end-user experience and lower operating costs.
Aug 2010 - Present
Fish and Wildlife Technician
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Supported operations and maintenance of facilities under direction of managers.
- Operated necessary equipment and vehicles required for producing, maintaining, transporting, and inventorying live fish.
- Completed construction, fabrication, and installation projects to improve facility or equipment as needed.
- Assisted other agencies with various tasks in the filed such as invasive species removal, geographic information systems studies, and water quality analysis.
- Worked in all weather conditions, weekends, and on over-night standby duty.
Jan 1999 - Dec 2001
American Display Products
Created 3D models in Autodesk Revit, 3D Studio, and AutoCAD for use in the design process and construction document generation.
Specialized in plan layout, elevations, and detailing of interiors, specifically finish materials and hardware being installed.
Developed detailed shop drawings and material cut lists using industry specific design applications.
Produced catalogs, interactive multimedia, and web sites with Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver
Aug 1995 - Jan 1998
Scandicrafts Cuisine International
Maintained communications with domestic/international vendors and transportation agents as required for expediting shipments.
Generated and administrated purchase orders for domestic/international manufacturers.
Classified import products for U.S. Customs clearance and compiled required documentation for delivery to appropriate agencies.
Production of packaging and company brochures using Quark for typesetting and Photoshop for image acquisition/processing.
Worked directly with print production houses to have material printed and delivered within the given time line and budget.
Sep 2013 - Apr 2015
Master of Information Systems
University of Phoenix
Courses Taken: Information Systems, IT Organizational Behavior, IT Infrastructure, Systems Analysis and Development, Security and Ethics, CIS Project Management, CIS Strategic Planning, Enterprise Models, IS Integration, Database Management, Marketing, Financial Accounting, and Emerging Technologies and Issues
Jul 2011 - Aug 2013
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
University of Phoenix
Concentration in Multimedia and Visual Communications
Courses Taken: Algorithms and Logic for Programming, Operating Systems, Business Systems, Information Assurance and Security, Networking, Project Planning and Implementation, Discrete Math for IT, Mathematical Reasoning, Application Implementation, Instructional Design, Multimedia Development, Electronic Publishing, Image Editing, Technical Writing, Web Design, Java Programming, and Xml
Project Management Professional (PMP #1660676)
Project Management Institute, Inc.