Designed and developed the database and HA modules (C, 4GL, Unix). Proposed a novel design which cut the paging response time to 2 seconds from 20 seconds.Successfully installed, migrated the existing subscribers and did a live system cut over for Mercury Paging, London with no downtime.
Functional area representative for SEI-CMM, where Motorola India got the world’s first CMM Level 5 certification.
- Managed a team of 10 designers/developers for building a SNMP/ C++ based Network management subsystem for 3G trials, project was voted the best for Cycle Time Reduction
Jul 2011 - Present
Product definition, strategy and development of Convergence solutions in sensor, monitoring and control areas. Current focus is on wearable sensor based wireless health eco system for emerging markets
Jul 2011 - Present
Program and offer management for emerging economy innovations.Frugal Innovation: Manage pipeline of offerings/solutions in Wireless health, Green health, Education,Smart Spaces, Agriculture, Aadhaar enabled solutions and M-Gov.Spot emerging trends and incubate new initiatives. Reverse Innovation
Digital business services using SMACs - Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud and Sensors
Mar 2009 - Mar 2010
Incubating a startup
Incubating a start up dealing in low power sensor based remote vital signs monitoring and management for emerging market opportunities.
2008 - Feb 2009
Distinguished Member of Technical Staff
Defined strategic approach and Mobile Application Service Delivery architecture to delivery of new experiences enabling higher mobile devices margins while reducing required R&D investments (in tens of M$)
2007 - 2008
Principal Staff Engineer
- Leveraged software assets to build trial capable location based services like kid, offender, pet, vehicle tracking, and data VAS like job dispatch, prepaid taxi service, and remote health monitoring and saved 40% overall cost
- Demonstrated battlefield medial triage systems, remote health monitoring using mobile phone, context sensing server and smart fabric sensor for use in multiple use cases including public safety. (UML, C++,Web 2.0)
2002 - 2007
Intelligent Transport System
- Generated 5X improvement in productivity by using pattern based software development and re-usable open source frameworks and tools.
- Served as a platform to showcase mesh technology solutions to investors and customers
Context Sensitive Telemetry Platform
- Platform used in multiple remote sensing, monitoring and control applications reducing the effort by more than 60%
Remote patient monitoring system for ambulatory monitoring
- Generated 1M$ in Engineering revenue.
- Led to several Tele-health efforts in the organization
2000 - 2002
- Solution engineering, vendor selection, technology evaluation, costing, and response to tenders in OSS/BSS area.
- Led the design, development and deployment of Packet Data network Operations and Maintenance high availability (HA) subsystem for Tu-Ka operator, Japan. Project voted as the best for Cycle Time Reduction initiative in Motorola S/W group.(team size 25)
- Active member of Motorola Software Technical Council, and spearheaded the induction of Pattern oriented software development, architecture trade of analysis, Software FMEA, High Availability tradeoffs, element management, Software reuse in multiple projects in India.
1996 - 1999
- Designed and developed a C++ CORBA based scheduler for the messaging subsystem in Iridium satellite based communication system