To begin my career with a company that wants enthusiasm, hard work and committement, and to further my knowledge of public relations and marketing, gaining more life skills in the process. And to of course be successful in everything I do.
- I am a recent English graduate from the University of Sheffield (results pending).
- I am dynamic, organised and hardworking, I would describe myself as self-motivated and have a bubbly personality (see personal video on right).
- I enjoy a challenge and enjoy working as a team (in which I have much experience).
- I love meeting new people and establishing relationships with them (whether clients or colleagues).
Given these skills, I believe I would be an asset to any company if given the opportunity.
- Watching it or playing it, I am a big enthusiast. I have played hockey at various levels and have captained both my school and university first teams. I love to ski, when given the opportunity and am a competent and experienced skier.
- Visiting new places and emersing myself in the culture is a passion of mine. I love to travel and meet new people and hear about their life experiences, and build on my own.
- When given the chance I thrive on helping people, I enjoy giving something back to the world, as it makes me realise how lucky I am.
- Sept '04 - July '05 Deputy Head Girl St.Bede's College. Both teachers and the student body nominated me for this position. Roles included showing visitors around the school, public speaking, attending all school events and being a role model for younger pupils.
- June '05 - Headmasters Award for Outstanding Contribution to the School St.Bede's College. This was in honour of the fundraising i did for the school, the organisation I put into events, and my contribution to sports at school.
- 1998-2005 Represented the County of Lancashire and Greater Manchester in hockey, during this time I captained the squad for two seasons.
- Sept '08 - present. Captain of Sheffield University 1st XI Hockey team
- Sept' 07 - June '08 Social Secretary of Sheffield University Hockey club
- Answering the phone and fielding customer enquiries
- Organising clients electronic and paper files
- Updating data
- Requesting fund valuations by telephone
- Used "First Client Management" software
Jun 2008 - Sep 2008
Marketing and Operations Intern
- Researched upcoming community events and brainstormed the best possible ways of getting involved.
- Attended WNBA games and offered support to their operations teams.
- Created a 'Game Operations' project for the upcoming season (see portfolio).
- Created three marketing binders, to show examples of past marketing and advertising, and media kits with ideas in for the upcoming season
- General Office Administration
Sep 2007 - Jun 2008
Inventive Leisure Sheffield: Bia Hoi Cocktail bar
Part-time work undertaken whilst studying.
My role involved ensuring customers were happy whilst they were on the premises and dealing with any problems which arose with the customers.
Jun 2007 - Aug 2007
Volunteer Hockey and Life skills Coach
- Coached groups of children of varying ages and group sizes.
- Lived and worked as part of a team of coaches attending different schools on a daily basis.
- Created innovative ideas and activities to keep the children interested.
- Helped out in the evenings at an orphanage close to our accomodation, activities included helping children from the ages of 4-18 with their homework and reading.
Sep 2006 - Present
Bachelor of Arts
University of Sheffield
This degree has enabled me to gain an understanding in:
- tabloid jounalism
- language and gender
- language and power
- conversation anaysis
All these can be applied to everyday situations, in particular when creating written work I am aware of how to adjust my style of writing to suit the target audience specifically.
Sep 1998 - Jun 2005
St Bede's College
- English Language - A
- Economics - B
- English Literature- B
GCSE's: 9 A's 1A*