Automation Support Technician
Saudi Iron & Steel Com (HADEED SABIC)
Troubleshoot and resolve computer problems; build and upgrade systems; install software and perform general maintenance for clients.
- Planned, assemble and install computer systems in designated networks as per specifications.
- Improved clients’ operations by completing replacement of workstations and servers; upgraded operating systems from Windows XP to Windows 7, 8 ; transferred all data files to new PCs, keeping desktop preferences intact.
- Install and configure automation network components and assist in the implementation of design automation network configuration.
- Perform customer services on different departments and resolved hardware and software technical problems in the system elements after detailed analysis, including computer failures and software malfunctioning.
- Monitor and administer automation systems and made recommendations to supervisor regarding hardware replacements, upgrades and new installations required to improve productivity.
- Provide solutions and technical guidance to clients facing technical issues and difficulties.
- Maintain records of hardware issues, performance and supplies.
- Provide technical assistance to customers on incoming telephone tech support calls.
- Use remote access to perform troubleshooting when needed.
- Walk through step-by-step process for troubleshooting hardware issues.
- Use good problem-solving skills for troubleshooting problems.
- Use great customer-service skills.
- Perform upgrades and installed updates.
- Assist office staff with computer application questions.