Chief Accountant and Forex Exicutieve
Working as a Chief Accountant & Forex executive with Akbar Travels of India Pvt. Ltd. Sulthan Bathery (Last 7 Years)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receipting of cash and debtor collections by reference to the cash book and debtors ledger to ensure the receivables are accurately reflected in the financial statements.
- Preparation of payment vouchers and processing same by checking the supporting documents, bills and making cheque and cash payments, coding the vouchers with cost center and account codes and entering in the profin system.
- Application of creditor’s settlements in the payables ledger by selecting the dues as per references given on the statements received from leisure suppliers, to reflect the payables in the financial statements.
- Checking of all Daily sales reports of all locations for completeness and accuracy in respect of applicable commission rates, taxes, fares, rebates when revenue accounting staff on vacation.
- Carrying out corrections (re invoicing) for invoices which are issued on cash basis instead of invoicing as credit invoices (corporates.), to ensure accurate recording of debtors as per requirements of finance department, when revenue accounting staff are on vacation.
- The supervising of daily banking of all locations in the Province to ensure proper internal control. Clearing of customer advances and carrying out receipting to ensure the debtors are accurately reflected.
- Assisting in checking of refund calculations and preparation of credit notes to ensure BSP payable accuracy and customer satisfaction as per requirements when revenue accounting staff on vacation.
- Assisting in the processing of corporate invoicing by sorting and arranging the supporting documents as per the requirements of specific corporates.
- Acting out on behalf of station accountants, when on vacation and other tasks assigned by the management as per operational requirements.
- Working as part of a team dealing with all foreign exchange queries, handling cash, cheques, bank giro credits, travellers' cheques and foreign currencies
- Providing exceptional customer service and building rapport with clients Working to sales targets
- Money transfers with Western Union & Express Money
- Handling large amounts of cash including sterling and foreign banking Foreign Exchange
- Dealing with all foreign exchange enquiries
- Selling and buying currency
- Providing good customer service and encouraging repeat business
- Ordering currency
- Balancing and banking at the end of the day