2003 - Present
Bachelor of Arts
Mar 2009 - Present
Chiron Business Solutions
- Lead instructor for MS Office adult classes (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet)
- Develop corporate relationships for the school's Internship program; other business development as needed (marketing and presentation support)
Feb 2007 - Dec 2008
Client Trainer, Product Development and Training
- Led cross functional team in creation of an online, interactive product tutorial, with a $50K budget. Improved resource allocation by freeing up live trainers (Instructor Led Training, ILT) to work with clients in a higher level, consultative style. Saved the company $70K and helped to service our clients better.
- Led development team of Subject Matter Experts to create over 25 online University courses that covered every functional area in the company; University used by 120 M5 employees and was a test model for Value Added Reseller (VAR) partner training.
- Designed and implemented employee training program to include highlights and input from entire executive staff, resulting in shorter learning curve for over 80 new employees. Created Sales training plan for 18 new salespeople; reduced ramp-up time from 6 weeks to 2 weeks.
- Trained corporate executives and their staff on how to benefit from their new M5 system; trained 700 customers onsite, including national client implementations for Sapphire Technologies, ProTravel and OnTarget Jobs.
Jul 2003 - Nov 2006
- Led a team of 80 instructors and ran eight class locations around New York City.
- Recruited, trained, coached and mentored 100 small business owners for faculty positions in entrepreneurial workshop. Set goals and expectations, tracked progress on a quarterly basis. Wrote training manuals, workshop curriculum and various marketing materials.
- Designed and delivered specialty workshops on entrepreneurship, break even analysis and personal finance; collaborated with Executive Director on strategic planning, curriculum improvements, capacity building and marketing.
- Went into major financial institutions, such as Goldman Sachs and Citigroup, to win their support and find prospective faculty members. Initiated and nurtured 20 other corporate and community relationships, gaining valuable opportunities for funding, marketing, enrollment and overall organizational growth as a result.
Sep 2002 - Mar 2004
Founder, Nutritional Counseling
NOW Is The Thyme
- Successfully sold individual plans and comprehensive 6-month programs designed to improve client health through classroom education and hands-on learning.
- Conducted strategic planning and implementation for core business functions: sales, marketing, product development, operational delivery of services and budgeting.
Sep 1996 - May 2002
ING Clarion Partners, NY NY - 9/01 to 5/02
- Supported CTO in private equity investment and real estate firm.
- Managed expense reports, travel arrangements and filing for a department of 15 people.
w-Technologies, NY NY - 10/00 to 6/01
- Supported CEO of wireless software dot com.
- Coordinated vigorous, ever-changing Outlook schedule; used strong judgment, creativity, diplomacy and prioritization skills during IPO.
Instinet (Reuters), NY NY - 3/00 to 10/00
- Supported CAO at global electronic trading company.
- Planned and executed a strategic Executive Conference to integrate over 75 new managers; successful onboardingproject during a critical expansion time.
Swiss RE New Markets, NY NY - 3/99 to 1/00
- Supported Director of Information Technology for international reinsurance firm.
- Designed and executed Customer Satisfaction survey measuring internal technical support. Led improvement plan to shorten Help Desk response time.
Tribase Systems, Morristown, NJ - 9/96 to 3/99
- Executive Account Manager, Technology Consulting Division
- Developed Manhattan territory for technical consulting firm, generating 46% revenue increase, placing consultants with F500's such as Alliance Capital, Citibank, Credit Suisse First Boston, Merrill Lynch, Swiss RE New Markets, and Union Bank of Switzerland.
May 1991 - Sep 1996
- Direct support for Managing Director, 2 Vice Presidents and 15 consultants in a desktop support environment of 1,100 end users.
- Provided support to internal senior executives utilizing Market Data Services more effectively (needs assessment /gap analysis), saving them time and saving $2,500 per quarter.
- Learning Management Systems (LMS), GeoLearning and MindFlash: developed over 25 courses, implemented and measured training progression.
- Camtasia Studio, SnagIt, WebEx, Citrix GoTo Meeting: created training content and ran customer facing webinars using blended content (videos, real scenarios and hands on practice.)
- Experienced with WIKI design, basic HTML and utilizing CRM systems, Salesforce and Goldmine.
- MS Office proficiency, including SharePoint, Project and Visio: skilled in creating executive PowerPoint presentations and devising Excel metrics and analysis.
Extensive business experience supporting high level managers in complex corporate settings. Strong team builder and communicator who gains consensus, creates and executes plans to deliver measurable results. Skilled at handling client matters with professionalism, discretion and integrity. Fluent in Spanish.
Experienced public speaker; have delivered instructional presentations and seminars for various audiences ranging from 10 to 300 people.
- Founding member and President of company M5 Toastmasters club.
- Instructor and Faculty Trainer, Workshop In Business Opportunities.
- Youth Leadership Communications Instructor, National Academy of Finance.
- Workshop Presenter, Bank of America Youth Entrepreneur Annual Expo.
- Business Plan Competition Judge, U.S. Small Business Administration.
- Vice President of Education, Toastmasters Graybar Club #1436.
- Entrepreneurship Workshop Presenter, Toastmasters New York District Conference.
- Association Management Magazine; profiled in "Evict the Elephants" article.
- Launched small business (Health Spa) in Costa Rica.
- Volunteer Computer Instructor, New York Cares.
- International travel to over 13 countries to date.