Cambridge Friends School, Assistant Principal
1999-2007Director of Antibias Education
1988-2007 Director of Co-Curricular/Extended Day Programs
2001-2004Member of the Board of Trustees
2002-2003Co-Clerk, Head Search Committee
1987-1999 After School Teacher
- Collaboration with school principal to insure smooth day-to-day operation of all classrooms and school programs from pre-kindergarten through eighth grade, including: oversight of student assessment; addressing disciplinary issues with students; working closely with the director of student support services to review and assess academic, social and emotional needs and growth of all students; communication with parents; hiring and supervision of classroom teachers; planning professional development for all faculty and staff; and coordination of curriculum review process.
- Participation as a member of the school’s administrative team in decision-making and discussion about all aspects of the school, including: budget and finance; personnel policies and practices; alignment of the school’s curriculum and mission; defining the focus of the school’s antibias education efforts; and planning and leading orientation for new faculty/staff.
- Current member and past chair of the school’s education team (a subcommittee of the administrative team), providing leadership and organizational structures to facilitate assessment and decision-making about key educational issues faced by the school, including designing curriculum development and review and creating a new supervision and evaluation system.
- Development and oversight of vision, curriculum, procedures and policies for pre-kindergarten through 8th grade extended day programs, including: procedures for hiring, supervision, and evaluation of teachers; structures for collaboration with the school’s Learning Team and classroom teachers to insure the success of all students; development and oversight of the programs’ budgets; and creation of age appropriate art, sports, drama, and community service curriculums.
- Collaboration in the design, oversight and implementation of a strong intern program that reflected the school’s curriculum and mission and its commitment to antibias education. The program met all state standards for interns enrolled in certification programs, and provided an opportunity for interns not enrolled in a program to explore the teaching profession.
- Leader and initiator of significant aspects of the school’s antibias education program, including: development of age appropriate curriculum and resources for pre-kindergarten through 8th grade; design and facilitation of professional development opportunities and workshops for faculty, staff, and Board of Trustees, including annual antibias orientation and full day workshop for new faculty/staff; leading the planning and execution of annual school-wide celebrations and associated classroom curriculum; and creating support structures for parents/guardians and their children.
- Member of the CFS Board of Trustees for three years, serving as co-chair of a head search committee of the board, and serving on the board committee to evaluate and plan for the future work of the Center for Antiracist Education.