Director of Community and Media Relations
Beaumont Independent School District
Performs a wide range of school public relations functions including but not limited to writing, editing, publication design, information requests and event planning.
- Serves as the district spokesperson and coordinates all media events.
- Completes all public information and media requests.
- Coordinates district special events, including employee/retiree recognition programs, convocation, top graduates luncheon, volunteer and business partner luncheon, teacher of the year gala and superintendent’s student and staff advisory council events.
- Manages the Volunteers in Public Schools (VIPS) program.
- Provides articles and photos to local media highlighting campus and district initiatives and events.
- Manages the district’s website content, mobile app, and social media networks.
- Manages and directs the overall design of the weekly e-newsletter sent to over 10,000 subscribers and quarterly newspaper mailed to over 20,000 residents.
- Establishes strategic external partnerships business and organizations.
- Oversees the superintendent’s community reading initiative, the Reach Out And Read (ROAR) program.
- Prepares talking points and presentations for the Board of Managers for board and various community meetings.
- Provides communications-related support to campus principals, senior staff and cabinet.
- Developed and maintained effective internal communications to improve understanding, team building and morale.