As lead Product Manager, primary objectives are leading Navcast’s first ever software product, a mobile application for iOS and Android platforms designed for pilots; managing the transition from hardware to software development; and creating a competency and discipline around effective product management. Key to the success of the role is performing activities like research, business and financial analysis, championing the product internally and externally, executing all tasks and timelines along product roadmap and organizing development and engineering around the app and required hardware (audio receiver). While product is currently in Beta, my focus is on implementing feedback and resolving all bugs.
- Conceived product idea for iOS and Android tablet application for the general aviation market.
- Conducted extensive market research to build business and market case.
- Established representative user base for research, testing and to represent voice of customer.
- Performed competitive SWOT analysis to leverage advantages and address deficiencies.
- Developed five year financial plan of application and receiver projected sales to justify investment and plan.
- Validated software and hardware design concepts with user base and internal stakeholders.
- Established product roadmap timelines to ensure long-term plan is on course for planned release.
- Cultivated product backlog and user stories.
- Exploited Balsamiq mockups for wireframes and design concepts.
- Mobilized business and engineering stakeholders around hardware and application development.
- Coordinated development of receiver with app and engineering feedback.
- Assisted in recruitment and hiring of key stakeholders.
- Managed app and hardware certification with Apple’s iOS Developer Program.
- Lead and organized developer conference with several product integrators to promote application integration.
- Successfully launched iOS app in Beta.