Ernst & Young (EY), Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Plan the audit for various engagements, specifically define component audit approach based on Group Instructions, and build up the component audit strategy.
- Perform audit procedures in more complex areas building technical competence and be the primary day-to-day contact for the client.
- Take ownership for the delivery of high-quality audit work.
- Demonstrate professional skepticism and compliance with our risk management and independence policies.
- Support junior staff member by providing:
- On-the-job technical training
- Delegation of tasks with clear instructions
- Clear and timely feedback
- Supervise the conduct of controls testing and liaise with Internal audit, evaluating their testing strategy and work performed.
- Apply data analytics on two of my major engagements.
- Summarize and present the audit findings, the related risks along with their financial impact, and provide recommendations to the Management on the internal control deficiencies.
- Attend IFRS trainings to prepare for more complicated audit areas (EX: New Senior Program, and Intermediate IFRS 1 & 2).