Social Media Platforms (Facebook, MySpace, YouTube, Digg, Ning, Delicious) Blog Platforms (WordPress, Blogger) Web Analytics( Awstats; Omniture’s Site Catalyst; Google Analytics; WebTrends) Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint); iLife suite (iDvd, iMovie, iTunes); BB Edit; Homesite; Fireworks; Flash; Adobe Photoshop; Flash; Video; Akamaihosting; PC and Mac platforms
Performance-driven Marketing Leader with strong Social Media & Internet background eager to contribute extensive talents toward supportinga dynamic company in optimizing market share and revenue growth.
- Proficiency in Social Media platforms, project management, market research, search engine optimization (SEO), consulting, web/graphic design, web analytics/traffic analysis, and providing strategic recommendations and action plans.
- Thrive on analyzing client/company challenges and navigating marketing initiatives to maximize business development, brand recognition, keyword ranking, and sales.
- Combine leadership and team-building capabilities to train, mentor, empower and motivate highly-productive personnel.
- Methodical and focused problem solver with outstanding relationship-building skills and prioritization capabilities.
- Significant written communication skills; authored user guides, prospectus, interactive computer-based training and ancillary reference material for 20+ courses as former Trainer and Educational Consultant.
- Adept at driving cohesive and collaborative efforts among cross-functional teams.
- Earned recognition as Product Knowledge Champion, consummate sales trainer, and “Team Player of the Year” in earlier role as Inside Sales Representative forWest Publishing.
Launched in 2009, the Westlaw You Tube channel includes promotional and product learning videos which have been viewed 3,895 times as 1-05-11.
Launched in January 2010, this social media hub now averages over 3,000 visitors each month.
In 2008 I was tasked with centralizing all Marketing Webinar activity to WeC. The site traffic increased to 26,000 new users in 2009, and to over 30,000 in 2010
Launched in December 2009, the Westlaw Facebook page has 2,013 fans (as of 1-05-11)
Launched in 2009, our primary Twitter account has grown to 2,074 followers. Coupled with the LearnWestlaw account we now have over 3,608 followers as of 1-05-11.
Launched in August 2010, this is my personal "Daddy Blog" with over 800 monthly visitors.
Jul 2008 - Present
eMarketer, Social Media & eLearning
- Spearhead full spectrum of marketing operations for West eLearning Center and all Westlaw social media platforms inclusive of direct mail, product launches, promotional events, marketing collateral, and field sales activities.
- Formulate detailed project plans which include positioning, pricing, business rules, and systems development and launch components.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis to assess program results, essential to optimizing strategic direction and decision making.
- Leverage exemplary organizational skills to efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Interpret and analyze sales data, competitive information, and market trends and activity to devise appropriate and proactive marketing plans and approaches.
- Strategically partner with Creative Services to develop high-impact marketing communications and sales tools.
- Manage and control marketing campaign expenses encompassing creative services, premiums, and incentives per project budget guidelines.
Mar 2003 - Jul 2008
Webmaster, Corporate Communications
- Proficiently designed and maintained MyThomson (TheLink) communities, pages and portlets while consistently adhering to corporate style and content guidelines.
- Applied sharp technical acumen toward creating and optimizing web images for download efficiency and clean design.
- Adeptly oversaw TheLink collaboration, content and presentation projects for North American Legal Community Managers.
- Administered custom Lyris e-mail distribution lists to facilitate effective executive communication.
- Frequently monitored web analytics and generated traffic reports.
- Collaborated with Creative Services department and contractors to design and implement innovative multimedia, graphics, page layouts, and templates for use with MyThomson Content Management System.
- Decisively edited video, flash and other rich media for use on MyThomson (Akamai).
- Migrated third-party audio/video presentations into MyThomson and seamlessly integrated into portlets for display.
Jan 1999 - Mar 2003
Senior Account Manager
- Steered client projects throughout life cycle while mentoring and coaching 25+ account managers in optimizing client satisfaction and retention.
- Prepared project plans and schedules, reported progress to management, and drove cooperative and cohesive efforts among sales representatives, graphic designers, web development team, content writers and client.
- Supervised development of 140 custom web sites concurrently having a total value of $3.5M.
- Exercised strong organizational skills to clarify and document requirements, perform issue tracking and resolution, administer change orders, and implement process improvements.
- Oversaw customer retention for top 500 West Group clients producing over $2M in annual revenue.
- Led design and development process of West Group FirmSites, portal and directory listings.
- Achieved and successfully maintained internal up-sale quota of $100K+ per year.
- Delivered on-going product and technical training to clients, sales representatives and internal staff.
Mar 1993 - Jan 1999
Thomson University Trainer/Education Consultant
- Specialized in legal products and industry, communications, course development, metrics
- Taught over 300 courses on Legal Product & Industry for over 1,000 students.
- Authored course material including user guides, prospectus, interactive computer-based training and ancillary reference material for over 20 different courses.
- Traveled the United States to consult with clients and train sales force.
- Assessed client needs, designed customized off-the-shelf training programs for business stake-holders, including Consultative Training for Sales Force, Communicating More Effectively, and New Employee Orientation.
- Led training of internal and outside sales representatives, specializing in legal products and industry.
- Edited several user manuals for various components of the West Group Product line, including tips, features & benefits, and glossaries in various learning styles.
Oct 1987 - Mar 1993
West Publishing Company
- Acted as primary client contact, advocate, and consultant from inception of the product sale through retention.
- Named "Team Player of the Year 1991"- the highest award given to individuals from Inside Sales. Received several monthly recognition awards for individual performance, including Top Direct Sales, Top Referrals, and Product Knowledge.
- Conducted outgoing, cold calls, inbound calls, selling over $1.1 million worth of secondary source legal reference materials. Generated over 3,500 primary reference leads for field representatives.
- Maintained a daily average of $700 dollars per day in direct sales, while handling over 30 incoming and 75 outgoing calls from customers needing research, product or service assistance.
- Responsible for retention of all assigned contracts and for adding additional revenue (up selling) to all assigned clientele.