Over 10 years of upper management, career counseling and recruiting experience in the public and private sectors, specializing in lowering operating costs, problem solving and improving service delivery. Increased company revenue by 18% by cutting waste and improving service delivery systems.Recruited and managed a grant funded Certified Nurse Assistant training program with over 13 simultaneous sites with over 250 clients throughout Los Angeles County.Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP); Certified Property Manager; A.A. in Liberal Arts and Sciences with an emphasis in Social and Behavioral Sciences; and a B.A. in Management.Currently enrolled in Human Services graduate program. Member of the National Human Resources Association, California Career Development Association and the Apartment Association of Greater Los Angeles.
A management position in human services.
National Human Resources Association
California Career Development Association
Apartment Association of Greater Los Angeles
2005 - 2010
Operations Manager Improvement Analyst
CJJ Property Management
- Led team of 5 residential property managers that developed and implemented strategies for improving property profiles.
- Implemented and scheduled resources according to project, budget, and timeline.
- Hired and supervised over 15 independent contractors to ensure project quality and minimize risk.
- Developed a strong understanding and dedication to ensure safe and adequate housing by working with local agencies like building and safety, health department and Section 8 subsidized housing program.
- Trained staff to fully utilize advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Publisher) operations to increase organizational efficiency.
- Prepared annual SWOT Analysis for the organization and its clients.
- Targeted older properties for low cost technology improvements to increase rent revenues
2005 - 2007
- Managed a web-based employee referral program.
- Provided administrative software support for recruiters, employees and managers.
- Automated bonus payment procedures using a MS Access database and Peoplesoft, which saved 35% of the program’s budgetary costs.
- Designed and implemented an internal marketing strategy to incentivize employee referrals fusing a web-bases system.
2000 - 2004
Employment Development Specialist
- Managed Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), Workforce Investment Act (WIA) funding, Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) programs and Section 8 (S8) housing.
- Planned and coordinated 13 simultaneous Certified Nurse Assistant (C.N.A.) training classes throughout Los Angeles County.
- Recruited Limited English Proficient (LEP) clients on welfare and provided nurse training and incorporated English as a Secondary Language (ESL) classes along with job placement services to assist clients in becoming income self sufficient.
- Performed community outreach, intake and assessments, referral services and intensive case management for over 2000 people for appropriate counseling services..
- Prepared and analyzed program budget expenditures for supportive services like ancillary expenses for childcare, bus tokens, bus passes, books and uniforms.
- Coordinated a pilot License Vocational Nurse training program in partnership with City of Los Angeles resulting in over 30 women completing the program and being removed from welfare.
- Designated training procedures to ensure compliance with funding requirements.
- Monitored and evaluated individual case plans, trainings, group instruction, lectures, on-the-job training, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops.
- Assisted with and searched for Requests for Proposals (RFPs) along with grant writing team to leverage organizational resources.
- Monitored over 30 Career Counselors and Employment Development Specialists performance as well as individual grant performance.
- Prepared and submitted local, state and federal monitoring reports, which validated client population’s statistics, service areas, and grant performance; thereby increasing the likelihood of additional funding.