Divisional Manager: Parts Division
Divisional Head of Truck and Bus Parts Department for world renowned automobile Franchises like M.A.N Trucks, Buses and Marine Engines from Germany, Ferrari Truck Mounted Cranes from Italy, BT Fork Lifts and logistic equipment's from Sweden, GPC Gensets from Germany, Masons Gensets from U.K., Massenza Drilling Rigs from Italy, Escorts pick and carry cranes from India, Voltas fork lift from India, EMPL cargo bodies and recovery units from Austria, Esterer fuel & Water Tankers from Germany, Panissars Water Tankers from Spain, Manitex Truck mounted Crane from U.SA, Landol Material Handling Eqpmnt from USA, Yale Fork lifts from Europe, etc., and completely responsible for the profit and loss of the Parts Division.
Physical maintenance of all inventoried items & currently maintaining 24,000 line items. Responsible of Clearing, Forwarding, of all Sea Freight and Airfreight orders.
- Responsible for physical inventory of items after checking, verification and binning of items on receipt of consignment.
- Responsible for Claims on Principal on receipt of wrong and shortage of items.
- Responsible for Insurance Claims on receipt of damaged consignment.
- Responsible for arranging for the suitable locator depending on the size and wt of the individual items.
- Liaisoning with Ordering and Sales Departments.
- Taking care of customer delivery orders by arranging for the supplies and obtaining acknowledgement.
- Arranging for the Periodic Perpetual Inventory with concerned department.
- Responsible for appointment of Freight Agents on yearly Rate Contract after analysis of the quote.
- Responsible for proper in house maintenance of the warehouse.
Total Centralized Parts Inventory Management for the entire country.
- Total Parts Sales supervision for the entire country including Abu Dhabi, the capital and branches at Al Ain and Dubai.
- Functional Leader for ERP Implementation (switched over from Oracle Developer 2000 to Oracle 11.03 effective May, 2000, & in 2007, migrated to 11i the latest version.).
Achieved a parts availability ratio of 95%.
- Reduced parts inventory by 3 million Dirhams in 10 months.
- Successfully returned about 1.5 million Dirhams worth slow moving parts to Principals through a specially negotiated out-of-turn return facility.
- Overhauled and simplified the Parts Ordering System so as to optimize inventory, maximize availability, reduce the stock and procurement costs.
- Ordering of parts for new models were made more scientific.
- With better parts availability, turn around time of vehicles in service workshop dropped drastically.
- Developed vendors for specific product groups where it is impossible for genuine parts to compete with replacement / non-genuine brands so as to maintain company’s overall market share and profitability.
- Concept of differential mark-up was introduced for different product groups after analyzing all types of competitions.
- With protracted negotiations and scientific feed back of competition, obtained better prices from Principals for fast moving parts.
- Put in place better sales promotion and sales monitoring practices.
- With all the above steps achieved a cumulative increase of 70% in overall national sales over last few years. By the overall improvement of parts back up regained lost customer confidence, which in turn is visible in improved vehicle sales.
- Because of the excellent parts support our Truck Sales Division recorded the highest Truck sales of 1400 units in 2006 and the trend is being continued in 2007.
- Successfully concluded the rate contract with Abu Dhabi National Oil Company in 1999, which is being renewed every year.
- Successfully concluded the rate contract with Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Department last year, which is being renewed this year too.
- Successfully concluded the rate contract with Abu Dhabi Police Department in 2003, which is being renewed every year.
- We got major success with Abu Dhabi Defense, when we got the Service and Maintenance contract in 2004, and the same is got renewed last year.
- We got a major break through for Bus Order with “Road Transport Authority of Dubai” and were successful in getting a massive order for 395 buses along with service and maintenance contract, which has commenced from the year 2007.
We also got a major break through for Bus order this year and were successful in getting a massive order for 400 buses in Abu Dhabi, which is going to commence from 01.10.2009.