Chief Credit Officer
Morgan Stanley Commercial Financial Services, Inc.
Responsible for the safety and soundness of the small business, middle-market, and franchise lending portfolio of this wholly owned subsidiary of MS&Co. Also responsible for credit policies and procedures, special assets/distressed portfolio, and chaired the Commercial Loans and Loan Quality Committees.
- Readjusted service delivery standards, business credit model and credit policies to conform to the regulatory environment, and approved a record $350mm in new loans in 2007.
- Successfully exited 25 “work-out” transactions aggregating $110mm with minimum impact on charge-offs, achieved zero charge-offs in the last 12 months, and introduced FAS114 methodology.
- Reduced portfolio Loss Given Default probability by 100 bps in 18 months, achieved an overall portfolio WARR of 3.49, and adjusted the ALLL and overall policy to conform to BASEL II requirements.
- Increased franchise lending business five fold in two years.
- Designed and rolled out a nationwide credit training program for field sales personnel