Aug 1993 - May 1997
To obtain a position in the field import and export compliance and administration where I can further my growth and demonstrate my current expertise in the field at a company that enables me to be a highly valuable internal resource and high level contributor.
Well rounded import/ export compliance and traffic professional with 11 years experience.Knowledgeable with import and export (ITAR, EAR) regulations, compliance, and administration (including administration, classification, licensing, auditing, training).Background and education in accounting, with experience in contract administration for multinational defense contractor in aerospace industry.
Candidate for US Customs Brokers exam - April, 2011
Sitting for Law School Admissions Test (LSAT) - December 2010
Pursuing certification through Dunlap Stone University as a Certified US Export Compliance Officer
Nov 2005 - Jan 2007
Tracked and ensured US Customs compliance for spare parts orders, along with handling larger capital projects. Interfaced with external customers (freight forwarders, customs brokers, US Customs) on all transportation and compliance issues. Managed day to day activities of our customs brokers, including assigning HTS numbers for all imported goods.
- Developed process for participation in US Customs reconciliation prototype
- Established export compliance process
- Created and conducted export awareness training for Metso Corporation in the US
- Member of team that wrote the Customs Compliance manual for Metso Paper
- Participated in a US Customs Focused Assessment.