Experienced Recreation Program Manager and inspirational leader with the ability to motivate individuals to participate and improve health and athletic skills through a variety of recreational activities. Passionate in the pursuit of improved health through education and exercise.
Sep 2005 - Present
WORCESTER COUNTY RECREATION & PARKS DEPARTMENT
- Responsible for development, coordination, administration, implementation and management of recreation programs and activities.
- Develop, manage and provide oversight to comprehensive recreation programs related to youth, adult, senior activities including but not limited to exercise classes; special interest classes; summer youth and adult classes; youth and adult sports (basketball, soccer, track & field, football); after school programs; cultural events for all segments of the community.
- Recruit, select and supervise recreation staff.
- Oversee the Recreation Center activities and make sure the programs are running properly and effectively.
- Develop marketing literature and visit schools, organizations, companies within the community to promote health and fitness through our recreation programs to increase enrollment.
- Develop, prepare and justify a budget for areas of responsibility; control and account for the expenditure of funds in accordance with the approved budget.
- Organize and supervise community events.
May 2009 - Present
Facility Supervisor P/T
WICOMICO COUNTY RECREATION & PARKS DEPARTMENT
- Maintain the operations of the Softball Field Facility on weekends and ensure all policies and procedures of the facility are enforced.
- Monitor Youth and Adult Softball Leagues.
- Resolve concerns, conflicts, and problems of the patrons ensuring that services are provided in a professional and safe manner.
- Perform related duties as required.
Sep 1999 - May 2001
Youth League Basketball Coach
Aug 2002 - May 2005
Bachelor of Arts
Frostburg State University
Customer/Patron Support & Service
Recruitment/Supervision of Support Staff
Team Leadership, Coaching
Track & Field