Sales Associate/ Cashier
A Cashier is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per Company standards, processing sales quickly, accurately and efficiently, cash register operations and safeguarding company assets.
A Sales Associate is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per Company standards, generating sales, merchandising, and safeguarding company assets.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock.
- Aid customers in locating merchandise.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Assist in completing price changes within the department.
- Participate in year-end inventory and cycle counts.
- Assist in ringing up sales at registers and/or bagging merchandise.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation