Currently serve as the editor-in-chief for the Etownian, Elizabethtown College's student newspaper, as well as serve as a tour guide for Elizabethtown College's Office of Admissions, while pursuing my double major in English Education and Business Administration.
Camp Counselor, Camp Auxilium Summer Camp, Third Grade
June 2010 - August 2010
- Taught eight and nine-year-old boys different Christian-based lessons.
- Supervised campers as they engaged in different outdoor and indoor activities.
- Gained certification in First Aid, CPR, and training for Protecting God's Children program.
Coach, Frankford Township Middle School, JV/Varsity Basketball
November 2007 - February 2008
- Learned how to relate to middle school students on personal and professional level.
- Served as head coach for JV (sixth grade) team mid-season to end.
- Primary coach for forwards and centers on varsity team.
Assistant Coach, Lafayette Township Recreation Program, Fourth Grade Basketball
October 2005 - January 2006
- First formal opportunity to assume a teaching position.
- Helped with drills and coaching during scrimmages.
My goal throughout my professional career is to extend my love for writing and reading onto my students. I believe all students have the ability and drive to learn, and I would like to foster those traits in a discussion setting within the classroom.
Editor-in-chief (Elect), "The Etownian"
- Supervise a staff of over forty-five to publish Elizabethtown College's weekly student newspaper.
- Spearheaded the complete redesign of the Etownian's web presence
- Work in a team format to publish the school newspaper every week.
- Write articles weekly for the Campus Life section as well as others.
Integrity Committee Member
- Support integrity among students on campus.
- Sponsor activities to promote integrity on campus.
- Speak to first-year seminars about the importance of upholding integrity on campus.
- Faculty-nominated position.
Get A.B.S.U.R.D. MemberSeptember 2009 - December 2009
- Support responsible drinking on and off campus.
- Inform the student body about the dangers of binge drinking or irresponsibly drinking.
- Help set up activities and demonstrations around campus.
SKETCH-E MemberSeptember 2008 - May 2009
- Write comedic skits for the acting members of the group.
- Work as a team to build the skits from story to production.
Field Placement, Milton Hershey Middle School, Eighth Grade Language Arts
- Co-taught a one day poetry lesson to six different eighth grade classes.
- Focused on senses poetry and poetic term identification.
- Gained valuable experience being able to teach in a private school setting.
Field Placement, Manheim Central Middle School, Multiple Disabilities
October 2009 - December 2009
- Learned how to teach students with cognitive and physical disabilities.
- Benefited by gauging how to include students with special needs into a typical, general education classroom.
- Helped read to students and engage them through different projects and activities.
Field Placement, Elizabethtown Middle School, Sixth Grade Language Arts
February 2009 - May 2009
- Helped students having issues with their classroom assignments
- Taught students many different subjects, including use of punctuation, benefits of poetry, and writing short prose.
- Counseled students having problems within the school or at home.
- Learned how to improve my teaching style from the primary teacher, and how to discipline students in the classroom.
Mar 2010 - Present
Guide prospective students on a tour around Elizabethtown College's campus, while answering any questions necessary face-to-face or through email communication.
Oct 2004 - Present
Sales and customer service expert specializing in wireless devices powered by Verizon Wireless.
Aug 2010 - Present
Jun 2010 - Aug 2010
Served as camp counselor for 8 and 9 year old boys in a Salesian Sisters Catholic day camp in Newton, NJ.
Oct 2007 - Mar 2008
Sales and recruiting specialist for Hollister Co. at Rockaway Townsquare Mall.
Mar 2005 - Feb 2007
Short order cook and salesman for local bagel shop/deli. Boiled and baked fresh hand-rolled bagels daily.
Aug 2008 - Present
English Education/Business Administration
Majoring in English Education and Business Administration with a concentration in Entrepreneurship, as well as minoring in Professional Writing. Expected graduation date: May 2013.
Actively Involved In:
The Etownian - Student newspaper representing Elizabethtown College. I currently serve as the Managing Editor of the paper, and supervise a staff of over 50 editors and staff writers.
Integrity Committee - Faculty-nominated position as a member of a student group focusing on spreading integrity around campus and getting students as involved as possible in safe activities.
Admissions - Serve as a tour guide for the Office of Admissions, offering prospective students a chance to receive my insight on the institution and what it can provide for them.
Sep 2004 - Jun 2008
Part of Peer Counseling and Peer Mediating groups, as well as the Varsity Basketball team.
Volunteered as an assistant basketball coach in 2006 and 2008 for elementary aged children.