Field Placement, Milton Hershey Middle School, Eighth Grade Language Arts
- Co-taught a one day poetry lesson to six different eighth grade classes.
- Focused on senses poetry and poetic term identification.
- Gained valuable experience being able to teach in a private school setting.
Field Placement, Manheim Central Middle School, Multiple Disabilities
October 2009 - December 2009
- Learned how to teach students with cognitive and physical disabilities.
- Benefited by gauging how to include students with special needs into a typical, general education classroom.
- Helped read to students and engage them through different projects and activities.
Field Placement, Elizabethtown Middle School, Sixth Grade Language Arts
February 2009 - May 2009
- Helped students having issues with their classroom assignments
- Taught students many different subjects, including use of punctuation, benefits of poetry, and writing short prose.
- Counseled students having problems within the school or at home.
- Learned how to improve my teaching style from the primary teacher, and how to discipline students in the classroom.