SumTotal Systems is a global provider of talent and learning management solutions. SumTotal deploys mission-critical solutions designed to align goals, develop skills, assess performance, plan for succession and set compensation.
Vice President, Marketing and Product Management
June 2007 - September 2007
Member of executive staff, directed worldwide marketing function and managed direction across entire product suite.
- Directed $3M corporate marketing budget
- Co-Authored SumTotal edition of "Talent Management for Dummies" book through Wiley Publishing.
- Integral in development of quarterly earnings call messaging and scripts
- Defined and managed requirements for first level integration of the SumTotal LMS and newly purchased performance management product line to deliver full talent management suite
Vice President, Sales Support
November 2004 - June 2007
Led 20 member worldwide pre-sales team achieving over $80M in 2006.
- Solution expert in SumTotal M&A activities.
- Devised and implemented product selling strategies resulting in solution focused product demonstrations for a complex software product
- Executive team member of M&A activities for product portfolio expansion. Created solution criteria and evaluated talent management companies leading to SumTotal's $13M purchase of MindSolve.
- Created messaging for SumTotal's new integrated Talent Management Solution as well as designed and delivered training for worldwide sales force of 60+ sales executives and technologists
Director, Sales Support
March 2004 - November 2004
Directed activities of pre-sales team covering the eastern United States.
- Managed pre-sales team of 7 that achieved 120% of quota while personally contributing $2.5M in revenue
- Devised guided "hands on" process for prospect software trials which became a key sales strategy and competitive advantage
- Implemented centrally managed virtual machine platform for standard demo environment
Senior Sales Application Engineer
April 2000 - March 2004
Managed all technical resources for sales cycle. Worked closely with account managers in a team environment to drive closure of sales opportunities
- Identified client business drivers and developed customized demos focused on specific business solutions
- Recognized as Top Application Engineer in the company for 2002
- Achieved Presidents Club for Sales Excellence in 2001, 2002 and 2004 (there was no club trip in 2003)
- Personal clients: Wachovia, Cingular Wireless, J&J, GlaxoSmithKline, Cap Gemini E & Y, Lowe's, Walt Disney