- For-profit higher education
- Innovative learning companies
- Companies looking to partner with higher education
I am a senior Learning/E-learning and OD Professional with a strong record of achievement. I have been recognized for my ability to identify areas for improvement, and implement strategic and tactical plans that ensure success. Superb communicator, both oral and written, with strong motivational skills. General competencies include:
- Corporate Development
- Leadership Training
- Organizational Leadership
- Organizational Vision
- Public/Private Partnerships
- Research & Development
- Change Management
- New Business Development
- Strategic Partnership
- Tactical Planning/Leadership
- Organizational Needs Assessment
Jun 2010 - Present
Senior Implementation Consultant
Campus Management Corp.
- Work with for-profit institutions to architect solutions designs for implementing a Customer Relations Management (CRM) system.
- Lead strategic implementation planning and Training for mapping business processes to Talisma CRM system. Working with admissions, recruiting, advising and financial aid staff.
- Develop gap analysis to determine appropriate business process flow for CRM implementations and training.
- Create and lead Train-the-Trainer programs.
- Project Manage the implementation cycle.
Jan 2009 - Jun 2010
- Provide executive level (President, Provost, CIO) strategic implementation planning and consultation for learning initiatives.
- Provided due diligence analysis for post-secondary acquisition planning processes.
- Develop operational infrastructure plans for organizations creating online programs.
- Consultation on new program development with accreditation approval.
- Designed and developed mLearning solutions for healthcare programs.
- Familiar with most major LMS solutions such as Blackboard, Moodle and Angel
Oct 2006 - Feb 2009
- Management of Microsoft Partner Academy (MPA) distance learning program and operational infrastructure
- Developed analytic processes to measure MPA success.
- Full P&L responsibility for Microsoft Partner Academy program.Responsible for $750,000 in revenues.
- Increased GP of MS Partner Academy from 16% to 39% in one year.
- Built executive level relationships that ensure future consultative business.
- Developed learning market analysis for development and marketing of new business opportunities.
- Learning Consultation with virtual communities/environments, corporate learning, learning content
Oct 2005 - Nov 2006
Principal Executive Consultant/Engagement Manager
- Conducted executive level (President, Provost, CIO) strategic implementation planning and consultation.
- Consulted with institutions on marketing strategies based on competitive and market analysis.
- Build executive level relationships that ensure future consultative business.
- Lead Learning Management System (LMS) sales team in contract analysis and negotiations.
- Responsible for $25,000 in sales of new LMS consulting business in 3 months.
- Conducted ongoing LMS configuration and deployment consultation and analysis.
Oct 2002 - Jul 2005
Executive Director of Learning
- Conducted enterprise-wide Organization & Development assessment and built project plan and business plan based on assessment results.
- Responsible for all e-learning management including traditional academic and corporate university programs. Successfully managed $2.5 million e-learning budget and a staff of 3 managers and 2 designers. Effectively managed a one half-million dollar e-learning Research and Development budget.
- Increased enrollment from 86 initil students to over 1500 online enrollments in 12 months.Representing revenue increases to $1.5 million from $86,000 in 12 months. Online program generated approximately $5.5 million in a 16 month period.
- Built a scaleable operational system that allowed for rapid growth in programs and online enrollments, organized and coordinated the development of 140 new online classes and wrote a federal appropriations funding proposal that resulted in $300,000 first year allocation.
- Developed competitive and market analysis for future growth plans
Jan 1997 - Jan 2005
Education OnLine, Inc.
Education OnLine was an E-learning consulting firm which provides e-learning assessment consultation for small and mid-size businesses.
- Created the 4-D process of e-learning development, Discover, Design, Develop and Deliver, which has benefited clients such as f5 Networks, City University, Starbucks, Familan NW, and Casey Family Programs. Responsible for $1.8 million dollars in sales in 5 years.
- Developed and conducted organization and development assessments for fast growth, multi-location firms such as Starbucks, f5 Networks, and Familan NW which resulted in over $5 million savings due to potential project cost overruns.
- Generate project and business plans from assessment results.
- Provide strategic advisement on e-learning strategies including the selection of Learning Management Systems/Learning Content Management Systems, which led to an average 40% cost savings over internal selection and purchasing process.
- Integrated e-learning initiatives with existing ERP and CRM technologies such as PeopleSoft and SCT Banner. This allowed e-learning platforms to fully integrate into the enterprise's data processing system.
Aug 1999 - Apr 2003
Dean, Distance Education
Skagit Valley College
- Responsible for managing all aspects of Distance Education. Grew online enrollments 115% in one year.
- Tasked to manage need to grow rapidly and develop and implement an organizational and management system from scratch. Built a scaleable operational system that allowed for rapid growth in online courses and enrollments and created and all assessment analytics for online classes.
- Rewrote college-wide distance learning (DL) standards and operating procedures; developed online course schedules; hired, supervised and evaluated adjunct faculty.
- Trained over 60 college personnel on the use of the Learning Management System (LMS). More than 75% of the LMS activity came from non-distance learning activities.
Dec 1987 - Aug 1999
Director of Educational Technology
- Responsible for administering and managing all technical services for Woodring College of Education (WCE) using the Systems Development Lifecycle (SCLC) model. Envisioned, developed and managed the distance education program.
- Developed first online BA program in the US using a home grown LMS. Program later converted to Blackboard LMS.
- Built technology program to over 350 desktop personal computers, 15 web servers and a mail server from an original 10 personal computers.
- Developed and managed strategic corporate partnerships with Microsoft and Hewlett-Packard, Washington Virtual Classroom, GTE, and US West.